Perfectly Remove Avast Free Antivirus 2015 – How to Do It
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 is one of the main security product of Avast, unlike its Premier version, this free Antivirus tool is not offering too much function except basic threat protection, if you are looking for high level, intensive security program, perhaps Avast Free Antivirus 2015 won’t bring you satisfaction.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 removal
Normally you can remove Avast Free Antivirus 2015 from Control Panel by using its default uninstaller, but things don’t always go as planned, part of the avast users encountered problems during using the default uninstaller and failed to proceed with the removal. Is the below image familiar to you?
This problem happens quite often when Avast Free Antivirus 2015 was not correctly installed, or some of the program files gone missing/corrupted, and the default uninstaller won’t help in removing Avast Free Antivirus 2015, no matter how many time you try. Situations like this, Max Uninstaller can easily solve the problem for you.
Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 2015 automatically
I’m recommending using Max Uninstaller not because it is able to forcibly remove Avast Free Antivirus 2015, also this professional uninstaller can scan out & delete every piece of Avast Free Antivirus 2015 component in your computer within blinks, you should also aware that, the default uninstaller of Avast always fails to execute the removal completely as it leaves things in the registry, and that’s another reason why Max Uninstaller is recommended as you don’t have to worry about leftover at all.
Ok, enough about the explanation, to use Max Uninstaller to perform the removal, first you need to download and install the program (click on the below green button), then follow the below instruction.
- Open Max Uninstaller, and you will see the list of all the programs currently installed on your machine.
- Locate and select Avast Free Antivirus 2015, and click on Run Analysis button.
- Tick all items displayed in the new list, hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
- Follow the instruction to finish the Standard removal process, then click Restart button as instructed.
- After the restart, re-open Max Uninstaller, Click Scan Leftover button as the program instructed.
- At last, hit the green Delete Leftovers button, and it’s done!
In case you are not fully clear about the procedure, here is a video instruction for your reference
Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 2015 manually
This is the traditional way of uninstalling a Windows program, which involved using default uninstaller of Avast Free Antivirus 2015 and manual steps of deleting leftovers in Windows Registry.
1. Activate default uninstaller
- Move the mouse to the bottom right of your screen, click Settings.
- Click Control Panel, and the go to “Uninstall a program”.
- Locate and select Avast Free Antivirus, click Uninstall button.
- The default uninstaller should be activated now, make sure you the Uninstall section is selected, and then click Continue.
- Click Yes in the pop-up message to confirm the removal.
- The removal progress will be shown as the below screenshot.
- Click Restart button after the removal.
Note: If Avast Free Antivirus 2015 was not installed correctly before, you may likely seeing this message “There was an error during the product uninstallation”, for situation like that, you can click download Avast cleaner tool which is a small program developed by Avast itself to help users bypass any possible errors during the removals of avast product, or you can refer to previous section of this post, using Max Uninstaller to do the job for you automatically, which is much more recommended as it makes sure no leftovers while the Avast cleaner cannot.
2. Find out and remove Avast Free Antivirus 2015 leftovers
- Press Windows key (the key between Ctrl and Alt) and R key together to bring up Run window.
- Type regedit in it, and then click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Click File, go to Export.
- Select “All” in the export range section, then save to create a backup file. (If you are familiar with using registry editor, you may skip this backup steps)
- Click Edit > Find.
- Type in “Avast” in the Find what section, the click Find Next.
- Delete what ever keys, value, data you found.
- Repeat the above process to search for items related to Avast and delete them all.
- Restart your computer to allow changes in Registry Editor take effect.
Well done, now you should have successfully removed Avast Free Antivirus 2015. As I mentioned before, if you encountered troubles with the uninstallation, or you just want to seek for an better and easier solution to do the removal task, Max Uninstaller is ever ready to bring you satisfaction.