Fully Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 – Effective Solutions
AVG Antivirus Free 2016 gives you a 14-day trial, providing protection with some basic features against malicious elements on the Internet. If you think this is far from enough that you need more comprehensive measures to secure the system, you’re gonna need to pay for its full version. Personally I never used this product before, but for composing this article I just have tried it. And since you can easily get more information about it online, I won’t do more particular introduction for it.
Let’s stick back to the subject. Why is it that users often found troubles when trying to remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 & other security products? To my best knowledge, there are two facts you might not know & need to understand about Antivirus software:
- Primarily, multiple antivirus products will cause conflicts on the same computer due to purely technical reasons, even if created by the same company. (Click here to jump to the bottom of the page and learn more.)
- Developers of antivirus programs could have made their products hard to remove, so that viruses won’t make they go away easily.
Now that’s the learning part. See what solutions you can take to correctly remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016. If you need to redownload any AVG product, visit the official site.
I Need to Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 in Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Step One: Make sure you have shut down AVG Antivirus Free program and everything related to it running in the background.
Step Two: Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 from the Control Panel, all starting from the bottom-left of your screen:
– Click on the Windows logo, and select Control Panel in the Start menu.
– In the Programs column, click Uninstall a program.
– Right-click on the Windows logo, and select Control Panel.
– In the Programs column, click Uninstall a program.
In the list you can see what programs are currently installed on the system. Find & double-click AVG Protecion.
– Click on the Windows logo, and select Settings in the Start menu.
– Select System > App & features.
– In the list, find & select AVG Protection and click Uninstall.
Step Three: The default uninstaller is activated, during which you may be asked whether you’re sure to remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016.
Click Yes/OK to proceed, and wait for the uninstall wizard to finish its job.
Step Four: Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 from the Registry Editor:
– Click on the Windows logo, type “regedit” in the search box, then select the regedit to open the Registry Editor.
– Hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner of your screen, select Search on the charms bar,
– Type “regedit” in the box, then select the regedit to open Registry Editor.
Windows 10: Click on the Windows logo, type “regedit” in the search box, then select the regedit to open the Registry Editor.
On the navigator of Registry Editor, select Edit > Find, then enter “Avg” to find the related file(s)/folder(s), right-click it(them) and select “Delete” to fully remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 from your PC.
Step Five: Restart your computer to take effect, then check whether your target is nowhere to be found.
Try to Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 with Max Uninstaller
I believe this is way more time-saving & worry-free to go — it simplifies the necessary operations with only three steps, which are completely the same in Windows 7/8/8.1/10. If I have successfully talked you into using it, here are steps to follow:
1. See those green download buttons on the page? Click any of them or visit our homepage to download & install Max Uninstaller, then run it after installation.
2. After a few seconds’ scan, it shows you what programs are there in the system, find & select AVG Protection, and click Run Analysis. It finds all the related files and returns a list of their details including names & locations. Keep all items checked as to be deleted, and click Complete Uninstall.
3. Follow the prompts to proceed. If you’re given the restart options, select Later. Click the Scan Leftovers button when it turns to green, then you see the list of the deleting vestiges. Also keep them checked, and hit Delete Leftovers to finally remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016.
Why Using More Than One Antivirus Program Is a Bad Idea
Is it that you think this is much like a pirate going into batter, the more weapons you have at you disposal for your protection, the better? Well, while that may work in old-fashioned combat, it is not the case when it comes to protecting computer systems from the “sea of danger” if constantly faces.
I’ll put it very straight: Multiple antivirus programs will not provide stronger protection, instead, they make the level of security go down. Although I had no experience of using AVG products, I did go through the said situation. Specifically, if you install multiple antivirus programs onto your PC, they will become competing to each other, and here are three consequences you’ll deal with:
1. They will try to kill each other. They will search for & block/remove programs that are monitoring & sending information about your system, and that’s how they look like to each other.
2. They will fight over viruses. When your computer encounters a virus, they will all try to quarantines it and repeatedly send reports & notifications about the detected virus in accordance with its own objectives. If you don’t like to continually get bogus warnings, this will be a problem.
3. They will sap your power. Antivirus programs use a lot of computer system memory to conduct system scans and other related operations, so you get the point.
Very Brief Sum-up
Remove AVG Antivirus Free 2016 if you’re running multiple antivirus programs & it’s not the one you like to keep. For other programs you want to dump, search the name on our blog, see if there is be anything that can be useful. Leave comments below if further assistant is needed. Just remember we are always at your service. 🙂
What other people are trying to uninstall (Click for tutorials):