How to Remove Avira Internet Security Plus with Ease
This is a program package signed for Windows users to protect and manage their computers. It contains two programs (Avira Internet Security and Avira System Speedup, see the images below) and is indeed a nice helper this way, but when someday for some reason you don’t want it anymore and want to delete it, you may find that antivirus developers like to play tricks on users, such as put the default uninstaller of their products somewhere you won’t see.
It tells you to do it manually, which means you need to uninstall it via Control Panel and delete its registry keys remained. However, you may only know the basics of a computer and this is complex to you. Then you may try to update it, or download the latest version trying to correctly uninstall it again but ended up with errors.
If you’re just like others who have been struggling to completely remove Avira Internet Security Plus for a very long time, you have come to the right place. Our job is to work out the effective and safe methods for all kinds of Windows users to hit their mark, one of which is the way to wipe out potentially unwanted programs.
The following are two safe methods for your reference. One is a shortcut we consider to be better for common users to maintain their PCs in many aspects, the other is the regular cleaning process for different Windows Operating Systems. Please choose as you like.
Easy Process to Uninstall Avira Internet Security Plus
Using this safe tool we recommended here, you neither have to understand how the system works on uninstall process nor take any risk to enter the Registry Editor. Let’s see the specific steps:
- Finish the installation of Max Uninstaller and run it.
- In Step 1, find Avira Internet Security icon (and do the same to Avira System Speedup) in the programs list, hit the Run Analyst button on the left. It will display all files belonging to the program, all you need to do is to check all the box and press Complete Uninstall.
- When you see the gray Scan Leftovers button turns into green, hit it. And the related registry keys will also be listed. Simply tick all the items and press Delete Leftovers on the left.
Video Demonstration of Uninstalling Avira Internet Security Plus
For those interested in studying the regular operation, we have prepared the following instruction.
How to Manually Uninstall Avira Internet Security Plus?
Part One: Access Control Panel
Most of the time, we can remove the programs we choose through the Add/Remove Program function, which is a built-in art of Windows operating system. To activate it, we need to access Control Panel first.
Windows 8 Users:
1. Move your mouse cursor to the lower right and stay there until you see the charms bar. Select Search, type “control panel” in the box, and press Enter key.
2. Like that on Windows7/Vista—-simply click on the Uninstall a program item belonging to the Programs section and the list will show up.
3. find Avira Internet Security icon (and do the same to Avira System Speedup) and hit the above Uninstall/Change button (or double-click it) to start the removal. Follow the prompt messages to proceed.
4. Wait until the program completes the part.
Windows 7/Vista Users:
1.Click on the Start button (it may look different if your changed the theme) in the bottom left corner of your screen, move your mouse pointer to the Control Panel and hit it.
2.Find the Uninstall a program item under the Programs section and select it.
3.A new window will pop up with the list of current program installed on your machine, find Avira Internet Security icon (and do the same to Avira System Speedup) and hit the above Uninstall button (or double-click it) to start the removal. Follow the prompt messages to proceed.
4.Wait for a while until the program finishes the part.
Part Two: Access Windows Registry Editor
Everything about the registry is serious and necessary for system’s normal running, so please carefully choose your targets to delete. They can’t be restored after being wiped out. You can export them for a back-up first in case any mistake.
Windows 8 Users:
1. Move your mouse cursor to the lower right and stay there until you see the charms bar. Select Search, type “regedit” in the box, and press Enter key.
2. The Registry Editor will be opened with another window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Avira, right-click on it and select Delete to remove the whole folder.
3.Restart your PC to take effect.
Windows 7/Vista Users:
1.Click on Start button in the lower left corner, type “regedit” in the menu search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
2.The Registry Editor will be opened with another window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Avira, right-click on it and select Delete to remove the whole folder.
3.Reboot your PC to take effect.
Now the cleaning work has been done : )
I hope you can fully understand the above information We collected, then my humble writing would have made great contribution for the precious time you spent here.
To complete remove Avira Internet Security Plus or other similar antivirus programs, it’s actually not as hard as you think, especially when you possess certain skills to deal with it.