Easy Approach to remove Dealio Toolbar
Developed by Montera Technologies LTD., Dealio Toolbar is an adware program, like many others, it gets onto your PC via some freeware’s installation, when you didn’t realize those options were changing your default homepage and search engine.
Sometimes it even directly plants itself on your browser without neither your approval nor notice after you visit a website. This plug-in enables a toolbar with extra functions for social networks, such as Youtube, Facebook, and other links to popular services and websites.
And over time you may find it is not that useful as it advertised. Because in most cases, all you want is just a simple and convenient web surfing window. Many users consider it as a nuisance, since it continuously displays pop-up advertisements, and even creates redundant add-ons to your browser.
Those extra buttons are actually using the memory, and slowing down your PC performance. You will find that it takes you more time to open your browser or run a program.
You must have tried so many times to get rid of Dealio Toolbar, but ended up with failure, or you wouldn’t have visited here—-the right place to learn the proper removal instructions.
Regular Steps to Remove Dealio Toolbar
1. Remove the plug-in from Control Panel
(1) How to access Control Panel?
Windows 8 user:
1. Hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner, and Select “Search”.
2. Type in “control panel”, press “Enter” key, and click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section.
(Or you can Double-click “This PC” on desktop, click on “Open Control Panel”, and click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section.)
Windows 7 user:
Click the “Start” button at the lower left corner, select “Control Panel”, and click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(2) You can see all the installed programs being listed in “Add/uninstall a program” on the pop-up window.
Scroll through the list, find Dealio Toolbar, or any program recently installed, it is definitely the target you need to hit;
Double-click it to activate its default uninstaller, proceed the removal by following prompt messages, and the plug-in will be gone this way.
2. Uninstall Dealio Toolbar respectively from Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
If the plug-in is automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package (which means you may not notice until the next time you open the browser), you will not able to track it in the program list of Control Panel.
To correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your browser’s setting (undo the unwanted changes). I am hereby respectively giving specific methods for deleting Dealio Toolbar from three famous browsers.
Remove Dealio Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
(1) Open Firefox, and click on (Firefox menu button) in the upper right corner.
(2) click (Help), and select “Troubleshooting Information.”
(3) Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
(4) Firefox will close and reset itself, after which a window will pop up, listing the details imported. You may click on “Finish” button, and Firefox will be opened.
(1) Open Firefox, click (Firefox menu button) button at the upper right corner, and choose “Add-ons”;
(2) Select the “Extensions” tab, and remove Dealio Toolbar and any other unwanted extensions from Mozilla Firefox;
(3) To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from www.dealio.com to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and use it to restore the default homepage.
Remove Dealio Toolbar from Google Chrome
(1) Open Google Chrome, click on (menu) at the upper right corner, select “Tools”, and click “Extensions.”
(2） The “Extension” content will be displayed like a web page, click on icon to remove any unknown plug-in.
(3) To set the homepage of Google Chrome from www.dealio.com to its own default, click on (menu), select “Settings”, and click “Open the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section.
(4) To change the default search engine of Google Chrome from Dealio’s to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner, select “Settings”, click “Manage search engines” in Search section, select Google, and click on “Make Default” button appeared → find Dealio Toolbar in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side to remove it.
Remove Dealio Toolbar from Internet Explorer
(1) Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon at the upper right corner, and select “Internet options.”
(2) Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared, and click on the “Reset” button.
(3) Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box, and click “Reset.”
(4) Wait until the resetting is finished, click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box, and click “OK.”
(5) Re-open Internet Explorer.
The Most Efficient Approach to Remove Dealio Toolbar
Maybe none of the above three browser is not the one you are using at all? Whichever your browser is, if you want to spare yourself from this tedious work as soon as possible, feel free to get help from this reliable tool here:
Uninstall Dealio Toolbar by using MU – Video demonstration
- Install and run Max Uninstaller.
- Choose the Dealio Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1.
- Select all the item displayed, and click on “Complete Uninstall” proceed the uninstall by following prompt messages.
- Remove it from relevant web browsers with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click on “Scan Leftovers.”
- Select all the item presented in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers.”
Now you have learned how to completely remove Dealio Toolbar, and you won’t see those advertisements, sponsored links, and coupons on an annoying pop-up window every time you visit Youtube, Amazon, Google, Facebook and other websites.
If you found the plug-in cannot be deleted by antivirus softwares, don’t get mad so soon, because it is technically not a virus. Yet it does have rootkit capabilities to hook into browser hijacking and your operating system.
In a word, toolbars are extensions for widely-use browsers, trying hard to make you see their promoting products anytime. Users need to pay attention when installing programs, which may be bundled with one or more “PUP”s. If you unfortunately got “infected”, don’t forget there is always a useful tool waiting for serving you.