A Few Minutes to Remove Freshy Toolbar
If you are still stuck in uninstalling failures of Freshy Toolbar, read this page to get its safe removal guides and related details.
Generally, people hate adwares, because those add-ons always get them to see annoying extra buttons or interfaces, which make the Internet surfing conditions uncomfortable.
The plug-in could enter your PC through many ways like spam email attachments, external drives, or a freeware’s installation, etc. After settling down on the targeted computer, it starts presenting advertisements and sponsored links on Web browser windows—-it is making money from users.
In a new tab, it endorses some third-party softwares that get profits via illicit access, such as following users’ browsing habits and collect their confidential data on malicious purposes. So it is very insecure to have such a plug-in on your browser, while you are using it to ready emails, search for needed information, and login with your financial account quite often.
Let’s see how we can effectively get rid of Freshy Toolbar.
Manual Steps to Remove Freshy Toolbar
1. Remove the plug-in from Control Panel
The plug-in may include several programs, such as Freshy Toolbar Chrome Extension, Freshy Firefox Toolbar, Freshy Internet Explorer Toolbar, etc. They are all those you need to delete from your computer. Steps are as follows:
(1) How to access Control Panel?
Windows 8 user: two choices: (i) hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → Select “Search” → type in “control panel” → press “Enter” key → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(ii) Double-click “This PC” on desktop → click on “Open Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → select “Control Panel” → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(2) You can see all the programs being listed in “Add/uninstall a program” on the pop-up window.
If you find Freshy Toolbar, or any of those above-mentioned programs in the list, it is definitely the target you need to hit;
Double-click it to activate its uninstaller program. After clicking a few “Next”s and a “finish” button, the plug-in shall be gone.
2. Uninstall Freshy Toolbar from web browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer).
In some cases, after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package, which means you may not notice until the next time you open the browser.
If so, you will not able to track it in the program list of Control Panel. To correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting (undo the unwanted changes).
I am hereby respectively giving specific methods for removing Freshy Toolbar from three widely-used browsers.
Remove Freshy Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
(1)Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → click “Help” → “Troubleshooting Information”;
(2) Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
(3) Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will show up, listing the details imported. You may click on the “Finish” button, and Firefox will open.
Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → choose “Add-ons”;
Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of Freshy Toolbar;
To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from the toolbar’s website to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and use it to restore the default homepage.
Remove Freshy Toolbar from Google Chrome
(1) Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”;
(2) The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove the plug-in;
(3) To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from the one it replaced to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click on “Make Default” button appeared → find Freshy Toolbar in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side;
Last but not least: Remove Freshy Toolbar from Internet Explorer
(1) Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”;
(2) Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button
(3) Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset”
(4) Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”
(5) Re-open Internet Explorer.
Better Approach to Remove Freshy Toolbar
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller;
- Choose Freshy Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1;
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall;
- Remove it from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner;
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”;
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
That’s it, the add-on has been driven out from your dear computer with success. To conduct proper removal, there will be no need to access system files that may result in bad consequences once being mistakenly deleted.
This valuable program is designed for all age groups, providing the simplest operation methods to uninstall Freshy Toolbar, and other kinds of plug-in and PUP. If you don’t want similar troubles anymore, it is better to get some precautions by using the program, keeping your PC protected against the upcoming threats.
Try it now, see if your computer will be satisfied with its functions : )