How Can I successfully Remove Gadgetbox Search
Gadgetbox Search gets onto your computer via some other free downloads. Once it is installed, It will change your browser default search engine and homepage, using which you will see advertisement and sponsored links in your search result. It’s actually earning advertising revenue to raise the page ranking of a site.
Meanwhile, search terms may be collected from your search queries. As you may see, the plug-in kind of invades users’ privacy, interfering with their web surfing experience. Every time you think you have already successfully deleted the plug-in, it just keeps coming back to your browser.
That’s why many users call this a virus, while the truth is that it is technically a browser hijacker. So antivirus programs may not be able to detect it and clean it out for you.
If you are one of those frustrated users who failed to remove Gadgetbox Search, you have come to the right place. Take a tour here and you will find the answers you’ve been seeking.
Manual Guides to Remove Gadgetbox Search
1. Remove the plug-in from Control Panel
The plug-in may include several programs, such as Gadgetbox Search Chrome Extension, Gadgetbox Search Firefox Toolbar, Gadgetbox Search Internet Explorer Toolbar, etc. They are all those you need to delete from your computer. Steps are as follows:
(1) How to access Control Panel?
Windows 8 user: two choices: (i) hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → Select “Search” → type in “control panel” → press “Enter” key → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section
(ii) Double-click “This PC” on desktop → click on “Open Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → select “Control Panel” → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section
(2) You can see all the programs being listed in “Add/uninstall a program” on the pop-up window.
Scroll through the list, if you find Gadgetbox Search, or any of those above-mentioned programs in the list, it is definitely the target you need to hit;
Double-click it to activate its uninstaller program. After clicking a few “Next”s and a “finish” button, the plug-in shall be gone.
2. Uninstall Gadgetbox Search from web browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer).
In some cases, after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package, which means you may not notice until the next time you open the browser.
If so, you will not able to track it in the program list of Control Panel. To correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting (undo the unwanted changes).
I am hereby respectively giving specific methods for removing Gadgetbox Search from three widely-used browsers.
Remove Gadgetbox Search from Mozilla Firefox
(1) Open Firefox → click on (Firefox menu button) button at the upper right corner
(2) click (Help) → select “Troubleshooting Information”
(3) Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right
(4) Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will show up, listing the details imported. You may click on the “Finish” button, and Firefox will open.
(1) Open Firefox → click on (Firefox menu button) button at the upper right corner → choose “Add-ons”
(2) Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of Gadgetbox Search
(3) To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from the toolbar’s website to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and use it to restore the default homepage.
Remove Gadgetbox Search from Google Chrome
(1) Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”
(2) The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove the plug-in
(3) To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from search.gboxapp.com to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click on “Make Default” button appeared → find Gadgetbox Search in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side
(4) To change the homepage of Google Chrome from search.gboxapp.com to its own default, click on (menu) → select “Settings” → click “Open the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section
Last but not least: Remove Gadgetbox Search from Internet Explorer
(1) Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”
(2) Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button
(3) Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset”
(4) Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”
(5) Re-open Internet Explorer.
Easier Approach to Remove Gadgetbox Search
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller;
- Choose Gadgetbox Search icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1;
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall;
- Remove it from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner;
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”;
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
Yes, it is that simple, and is compatible for plug-in uninstalling on any Web browser. You can smoothly hit the mark without troubling Control Panel or the Registry of Your computer.
Other than malicious toolbar, Max Uninstaller is also capable of handling PUPs. If you are having the similar issues, or want to prevent them from disturbing your daily work and comfortable PC entertainment in the future, the program is strongly recommended.
Most of the time, you don’t need to be a computer geek. All you need is but an efficient helper to maintain your PC performance together with you. Take you time, let’s remove Gadgetbox Search right here, right now.