Effectively Remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack with Efficiency
Browse this page and see how to correctly remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack with different solutions.
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of audio and video codecs for Microsoft Windows that enables the operating system and its software to play various audio and video formats generally not supported by the system itself.
How Do I Manually Remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack In Windows?
There are several different operations to finally remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, but I’m not going to waste your time on similar content. So in each step I will only provide one operation, plus some extra description, which is optional to read, for you to better understand. Here we go:
1. Log in your system with as Administrator or an account that has the administrative rights.
Uninstalling programs is considered as making changes on the system, so if you don’t have above-mentioned accounts, you will have to provide password/confirmation for permission.
2. Shut down K-Lite Mega Codec Pack program.
If the program is running in the background during the removal, you may not achieve expected results. How to make sure it’s not running?
Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard to open the Task Manager — In the Applications tab, select K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and click “End Task”. Then in the Processes tab, select the related ones and click “End Process”. The items may have similar names.
3. Remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack through Programs and Features.
In the bottom-left corner of your screen, right-click the Start button and select Programs and Features, and you will be brought to the list of programs currently installed on the system.
Double-click K-Lite Mega Codec Pack to activate the removal.
4. Wait for the default uninstaller to finishes it job.
During the process you may be prompted which part it goes and asked for confirmation. If you’re asked whether to delete all the user data or something like that from the system, choose “Yes” to completely remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.
You can choose to restart the computer right now or later, if prompted.
5. Remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack through Registry Editor.
A little heads-up: important system components can be found here, so DO NOT delete anything that isn’t supposed to be deleted. Don’t trust your tech savvy? Read How to back up the Registry in Windows.
In the bottom-left corner of your screen, click the Windows logo to open the Start menu (If you’re using Windows 8, hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner, and select “Search” on the charms bar), type “regedit” in the box and click the only result to open Registry Editor.
On the navigator of Registry Editor, select Edit > Find, then enter “K-Lite Mega Codec Pack” to find the related file(s)/folder(s), right-click it(them) and select “Delete” to fully remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from your PC.
6. Restart your computer to take effect.
Skip this if you have done it in Step 4. Now you can go back to Task Manager or Control Panel to check whether there is still anything related to this program; if not, then the removal was successful.
An Easier Option to Remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack in Windows
1. Click the green download button on the page to download & install Max Uninstaller, then run it.
2. Find & select K-Lite Mega Codec Pack in the Programs list, and click Run Analysis, a list of all the related files will be displayed > hit Complete Uninstall and follow the prompts to proceed.
3. Click Scan Leftovers when the button turns to green. This is to scan for the program’s vestiges, which will also be displayed in a list. You can review the list for details, then hit Delete Leftovers to remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.
To check whether you’ve done the removal well, click “Back to Step1.” You will be brought back to the programs list, where you can see all the currently installed programs on the system. K-Lite Mega Codec Pack should be gone by now, and you can try to uninstall other unwanted/needless programs by performing the same 3 steps above. 😀
Here is a video demonstration:
For any advises you would like to share towards how to better remove K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, let us know by leaving comments below.