Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar – Uninstall Tutorial
When using a computer to surf the Internet, users expect to find what they need in the search result instead of being decided what they will see. Yet many toolbar developers won’t waste such a chance to make you see their promoting information.
For example, after the MapsGalaxy Toolbar has been successfully installed on your PC, it will add another search engine in the most conspicuous place of your web browser; and if you use it for search, you will see its advertisements and sponsor links in your search result. At the meantime, your queries terms could be collected to seek directions for promotion, as in the use of blackhat SEO to inflate a site’s page ranking in search results.
Since your surfing experience is fully interfered with its exhibiting plenty of malicous traits, including rootkit capabilities to hook deep into your Windows operating system and browser hijacking. You may consider it as a virus, while technically it’s not. That explained why your antivirus software always failed to clean it out. It’s not their fault. We call this kind of software as “PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)”.
It could sneak onto your system through another freeware’s installation, during which you’re asked to confirm “opening the gate” for it. If you didn’t pay enough attention, there it goes. Every time you open your browser or open a new tab, it gives you another homepage.
Then, how to complete remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar from your PC? Let’s see.
Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar Simply with A Safe Tool
See that green download button on this page? Click it to start downloading.
1. Run the tool > in the list of Step 1, you can see all the currently installed programs on your system.
2. Select the MapsGalaxy Toolbar icon > click on “Run Analysis” button on the left > check the items to be deleted it presents > click on “Complete Uninstall”.
3. Remove it from corresponding web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
4. It prepares to scan the left registry entries > click on the green “Scan Leftovers” button > check the items to be deleted it presents > click on “Delete Leftovers”.
The tool integrates three removal steps together, which are uninstalling the program via Control Panel, disabling and removing it from your web browser, then delete the keys from Windows Registry Editor. If you’re curious about the regular process, please refer to the following part.
How to Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar Step by Step?
Part One contains two basic removal paths: Control Panel and Registry Editor. This is almost the same to every program.
Part One: Uninstall MapsGalaxy Toolbar from Your PC
1.Access Control Panel
Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner, and select “Search” on the charms bar > type in “control panel” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section > double-click your target to activate its uninstall wizard, and follow the prompt to proceed.
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner and select “Control Panel” > click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section > double-click your target to activate its uninstall wizard, and follow the prompt to proceed.
2.Access Registry Editor
Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner, and select “Search” on the charms bar > type in “regedit” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > in the registry editor window, locate “HKEY_CURRRENT_USRE/Software/Ask (developer name) > right-click it and select “Delete”.
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner, type in “regedit” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > in the registry editor window, locate “HKEY_CURRRENT_USRE/Software/Ask (developer name) > right-click it and select “Delete”.
Part Two: Remove IT from Your Browser
Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer > click on the gear icon at the upper right corner > select “Internet options”.
2. Select “Advanced” tab in the box > click on the “Reset” button.
3. Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box > click “Reset”.
4. Wait for the reset to finish > click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box > click “OK”.
5.Re-open your Internet Explorer.
Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Firefox > click the menu button at the upper right corner > click (Help)
2. Select “Thoubleshooting Information“.
3. Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
4.Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will list the details imported. Then you may click “Finish”, and Firefox will open.
Remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome > click on menu button at the upper right corner > select “Tools” > click “Extensions”.
2. The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on dustbin icon to remove the toolbar.
3. To set the default search engine from home.tb.ask.com to Google, click on menu button > select “Settings” > click “Manage search engines” in Search section > select Google, and click the “Make Default” button appeared > find MapsGalaxy Toolbar in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side.
4. To change the homepage from home.tb.ask.com to its own default, click on menu button > select “Settings” > click “One the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section.
Now your PC should be free of the “infection”. To completely remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar and other similar PUPs, the point is a correct performing order. If you have read carefully and followed the above guides, there should be no problem. What if you run into another malicious freeware? Feel free to try out the safe tool we previously recommended. You’ll find it’s not so hard to take good care of your machine.