Remove McAfee AntiVirus Plus without Worries
McAfee AntiVirus Plus is a well-know antivirus software developed by McAfee, Inc. It helps you detect spyware, viruses and other malmare. Seeking for methods to get rid of this program, you must have your reason, and it’s okay to do so. I’m about to provide you with the full instruction.
If you want to replace it with another antivirus software, you still need to uninstall it, or the new installation may conflict with the old. It’s not just some small game you copy from others that can be removed by simply dragging the folder to the Recycle Bin. Regular means are demanded for a desired result.
It has been proved to be difficult to completely remove McAfee AntiVirus Plus without Worries, and it may require more workload than uninstalling those average programs you have ever come across.
Teaching You How to Uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus in Windows
1. Access the Control Panel first. You can open this via the Start menu. If you’re a Windows 8 user, double-click “This PC” on your desktop and select “Control Panel”. (or right-click on the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner and select “Control Panel”.)
2. Click “Uninstall a program” or the “Programs and Features” link. If you’re a Windows XP user, access the “Add or Remove Programs” tool.
3. Highlight the McAfee AntiVirus Plus item by selecting it, and click the “Uninstall/Change” button above. If this failed to work for some reason, perform the following steps.
4. Close all the opening windows and reboot your computer. This is to make sure all processes will be ended.
5. Open the Start menu, type in “services.msc” to search for it, and press “Enter” on your keyboard to run it. If you’re using Windows 8, hover your mouse pointer in the lower-left corner until the charms bar shows, and do the same.
6. Right-click on every entry of McAfee AntiVirus Plus, and select “Properties”. > Click the “General” tab, and then the “Startup Type” menu and select “Disabled”.
7. Select the “Recovery” tab, and select “Take No Action” for when the service doesn’t work.
8. Restart the computer. When Windows successfully loads, there will be no related services running.
9. Try to uninstall the program again in Control Panel according to the previously mentioned steps. It will work this time since none of the related services are running. What if it still failed to hit the mark? Continue your reading.
10. Download the McAfee Consumer Prodct Removal tool to help you with it.
11. Right-click on the file you just downloaded, and select “Run as Administrator”.
12. Follow the prompts messages to go on. You can choose to do the following in Safe Mode (What is it?) for better success. For how to enter Safe Mode, please refer to this page for both corresponding steps and the Instruction to Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device.
13. Click on the “Yes” button when the UAC (User Account Control) window shows up. It’s a system safeguard that prevents system files from being changed without authorization.
14. Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement) dialog box by clicking “Next”.
15. Reboot your computer to complete the uninstall mission and see whether McAfee AntiVirus Plus has been taken off from it. When the “Cleanup Successful” message shows up, you will know the job is finished.
16. If the MCPR tool tell you the cleanup is unsuccessful, click the “View Logs” button. It will open in a Notepad window. > Click “File” and select “Save As” to save the log to your desktop, naming it “MCPR_date.txt”. Then contact McAfee Technical Support for help. Sending them the log file to let them know how to provide assistance.
After all these, don’t forget to access the Windows Registry Editor to check whether its entries are still there. Be sure to delete them in time, because they’re being stored on system disk. Too much space taken could slow down your computer performance.
Want A Shortcut to Uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus?
If the above contents are too tedious for you to read and understand, that’s fine. Directly check this part – we have prepared another safe tool for you to try. If you’re interested, read on.
- Install and run Max Uninstaller.
- Select McAfee AntiVirus Plus icon in the list of detected programs > press Run Analysis button on the left > Check the boxes of all items displayed and click on Complete Uninstall > follow the prompt messages to continue.
- Wait for a few minutes until it finishes that part and the gray Scan Leftovers button turns into green > click on it > Tick the boxes of all items presented and hit the Delete Leftovers button on the left.
To remove McAfee AntiVirus Plus, this is how all the things work on your machine. I hope you like this recommendation, which shall work perfectly fine handling this kind of issues. For further questions, directly contact us here.