Effective Solution – How to Remove PerforMax Cleaner
Some people are complaining about the PerforMax Cleaner infection, saying they have been struggling for months, but after so many times of removal it’s still right there on the system. It keeps coming back no matter how hard you tried.
As a computer user, you need to realize the program is a rogue app, just like other malicious apps that may secretly plant virus/trojan horse on your computer, or promote other useless programs with pop-ups from time to time. Other symptom include:
- The default settings (default search engine/homepage) of your web browser are changed.
- You keep receiving pop-up advertisements.
- Systems performance becomes slower like it’s going to take forever to open a file.
- Unknown websites are automatically opened even you didn’t even run your browser, then it crashes.
- Strange toolbars/extensions/plug-in appear on your browser.
There have been enough reasons to remove PerforMax Cleaner. If you want to do so, read on to learn specific instructions. You can also search for removal guides of other unwanted programs on our blog homepage, also don’t forget our tech forum if you are interested in sharing your previous experience.
Uninstall Remove PerforMax Cleaner Step by Step
1. Remove PerforMax Cleaner in Safe Mode. Reboot your computer to enter Safe Mode. In case there is any Windows 8 user having no idea how to do this, here is the instruction:
Use Shift + Restart – works in Windows 8/8.1.
- Press the “Power” button during the Windows login screen or in the Settings charm > press “Shift” on your keyboard > select “Restart”.
- When it asks you to choose an option, click “Troubleshoot”.
- In the Troubleshoot screen, click “Advanced options”.
- In the Advanced options screen, click “Startup Settings”.
- You will be informed that you are going to restart for changing several Windows options, which include activating Safe Mode > click on “Restart”.
- Your PC or device restarts again and presents 9 startup settings > press “F4” on your keyboard to Enable Safe Mode / press “F5” key to Enable Safe Mode with Networking / press “F6” key to Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
2. Make sure you’re running your PC as administrator, and remember to shut down the program before you take actions to remove PerforMax Cleaner.
3. Remove PerforMax Cleaner from Control Panel.
Windows 7 user: Click on “Start” button in the bottom left corner (or simply hit the Windows key on your keyboard), move your mouse cursor to the “Control Panel” item and then click on it > select “Uninstall a program” under the Programs column. (If you’re a user of Windows XP, you can click on Add or Remove Programs.)
Windows 8 user: Hover your mouse cursor to the lower right corner until you see the charms bar pops up from the right side > type “control panel” in the search box, and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard > Select “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section.
Double click PerforMax Cleaner to begin, and follow the default uninstaller to proceed until this part is finished.
4. Remove PerforMax Cleaner from Windows Registry Editor.
The entries of every program are written on the Windows Registry during installation, so if you want to complete remove one, don’t skip this part. Yet the wrong deletion could make things much worse, so it’s advised to export the whole Registry as a back-up and save it to a convenient directory in case of any mistakes. You may delete it after you successfully remove PerforMax Cleaner.
On Windows 7: Click on “Start” button (or simply hit the “Windows” key on your keyboard), type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key.
On Windows 8: Just like how you opened Control Panel > Hover your mouse pointer to the bottom right corner until you see the charms bar pops up from the right side, type “regedit” in the search box, and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
Then the Registry Editor will be presented with a new window > Delete everything under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/PerforMax Cleaner/
5. At last, reboot your PC.
If you have performed every step above, I believe the program has gone for good. What if you think it too tedious to read and understand and want a simpler solution? Luckily I prepared the following part for you.
Simpler Solution to Remove PerforMax Cleaner
Instead of taking the path through Control Panel and Registry Editor, see if you’re going to like this.
- Click the green Download button to install Max Uninstaller.
- Run it and you will see the list of all the programs currently installed on your machine > Locate the PerforMax Cleaner icon, select it and click on the green Run Analysis button.
- Tick all items displayed in the new list, hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
- After a few seconds, it will give you the option to Scan Leftovers (cleaning out the keys from Windows Registry), click it.
- At last, hit the green Delete Leftovers button.
Remove PerforMax Cleaner – Video Demonstration
PerforMax Clearner claims as Windows utility tool that provides users with easy operations to fix system errors. While the truth is it attempts to convince gullible users to purchase the full version, with which they can see the fake scan results on their computers. So that they will believe their machines are seriously “ill” and need to be cured by special means.
Nowadays, there are many this kind of programs that intend to sell themselves to generate profit through unwarrantable marketing technique. People usually get PerforMax Cleaner from tricky emails and websites, which disguise themselves as safe online scanners. If you click the link, you give it access to your computer. Then after the fake system checkup, you will receive prompts presenting several troubles found.
Inexperienced users may have no idea how to face computer issues, so when they show up, they always expect a simple way to fix them all. Just because there are so many untrustworthy apps doesn’t mean no software can solve your problems. Through the use you can tell which is user-friendly and which is annoying, then make a judgment.
Both the regular means and the recommended tool can help you remove PerforMax Cleaner and many other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Hope you have a nice PC-using experience after learning this.