Everybody Can Easily Remove SimplyGen Toolbar
SimplyGen Toolbar is a browser add-on, which seems to be quite a normal assistant software trying to offering its help. However, there are many network security experts having included it to the category of browser hijackers. If you’re suffering from it, you would know part of the reasons.
Infected by a PUP or malfare, almost every user faced the same case: the program somehow got into the system without their consent or notice. The truth is that it often prevails through being bundled with another freeware you downloaded from some unsafe website, then during the installation, it presents the options whether to install them together, while most users are not paying any attention.
Or it could simply plant itself on your browser right after you visit the website that set the “trap”, like saying “You need to install blah blah blah to view the whole page”. Install it, both your default search engine and homepage will be replaced. What’s next? You may be redirected to suspicious websites, and unknown sites may appear in your Bookmarks and Favorites list. It’s not hard to imagine your browser speed will be greatly decreased this way.
To completely get rid of SimplyGen Toolbar, please follow the instruction below.
Manual Guides to Remove SimplyGen Toolbar
1.Remove the plug-in from Control Panel
The plug-in may include several programs, such as SimplyGen Toolbar Chrome Extension, SimplyGen Toolbar Firefox Toolbar, SimplyGen Toolbar Internet Explorer Toolbar, etc. They are all those you need to delete from your computer. Steps are as follows:
(1)How to access Control Panel?
Windows 8 user: two choices: (i) hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → Select “Search” → type in “control panel” → press “Enter” key → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(ii) Double-click “This PC” on desktop → click on “Open Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → select “Control Panel” → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(2)You can see all the programs being listed in “Add/uninstall a program” on the pop-up window.
Scroll through the list, if you find SimplyGen Toolbar, or any of those above-mentioned programs in the list, it is definitely the target you need to hit;
Double-click it to activate its uninstaller program. After clicking a few “Next”s and a “finish” button, the plug-in shall be gone.
2.Uninstall SimplyGen Toolbar from web browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer).
In some cases, after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package, which means you may not notice until the next time you open the browser.
If so, you will not able to track it in the program list of Control Panel. To correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting (undo the unwanted changes).
I am hereby respectively giving specific methods for removing the Toolbar from three widely-used browsers.
Remove SimplyGen Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
(1) Open Firefox → click on (Firefox menu button) at the upper right corner;
(2) Click (Help) → select “Troubleshooting Information”;
(3) Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right;
(4) Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will show up, listing the details imported. You may click on the “Finish” button, and Firefox will open.
(1) Open Firefox → click (Firefox menu button) at the upper right corner → choose “Add-ons”;
(2) Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of SimplyGen Toolbar;
(3) To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from the toolbar’s website to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and use it to restore the default homepage.
Remove SimplyGen Toolbar from Google Chrome
(1) Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”;
(2) The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove the plug-in;
(3) To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from the one it replaced to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click on “Make Default” button appeared → find SimplyGen Toolbar in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side;
(4) To change the homepage of Google Chrome from the one it replaced to its own default, click on (menu) → select “Settings” → click “Open the New Tab Page” under the “On Startup” section;
Last but not least: Remove SimplyGen Toolbar from Internet Explorer
(1) Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”;
(2) Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button;
(3) Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset”;
(4) Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”;
(5) Re-open Internet Explorer.
Easier Approach to Remove SimplyGen Toolbar
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller.
- Choose SimplyGen Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1.
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall.
- Remove it from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”.
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
There goes your “infection”.
It’s insecure to have it on your browser. It feels like your every move is being watched by someone, whenever you log in with your account, use online payment service or send messages containing confidential information. It’s not just annoying. Our recommended tool can not only successfully remove SimplyGen Toolbar, but also help you out of other PUPs. Why not download it and see it for yourself? : )