Remove StartNow Toolbar without Any Bother
StartNow is like other potential unwanted programs (refer to “PUP”) that can get onto your system via some freeware you downloaded from insecure websites. It will offer a toolbar to hijack your browser homepage (set it to startnow.com/m) and replace your default search engine (with yahoo.com).
Then during every day you’re surfing with it, you see the extra add-on on your browser that makes it look a little bit littery. That’s just about the appearance. Think deeply – why there are other links and advertisements in your search result after you enter a query term into the box? Because they are sponsored.
So you’re not suggest getting any software from unofficial websites, on which the programs are bundle / promoted by each other. Install one, you will get more than one on your hard drive, unless you notice the options for the customized installation and deselect all the unfamiliar thing or those you never planned to use.
If unfortunately you installed something you don’t want and then deleted it to prevent them from changing your settings, it will not work. After you uninstall the bundled freeware from your PC, your browser settings will not be restored, which means you’ll get to remove StartNow Toolbar and manually restore your browser default settings.
To easily remove StartNow Toolbar, this is for your reference!
Download the recommended tool on this page.
1.Run it > in the list of Step 1, you can see all the currently installed programs on your computer.
2.Select the StartNow Toolbar icon > click on “Run Analysis” button on the left > check the items to be deleted it presents > click on “Complete Uninstall”.
3. Remove it from corresponding web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
4.It starts scanning the left registry entries > click on the green “Scan Leftovers” button > check the items to be deleted > finally click on “Delete Leftovers”.
The tool integrates three regular uninstall steps together, which are uninstalling the program from Control Panel, disabling / removing it from your web browser, then delete its keys from Windows Registry Editor. Curious about the regular process? Please scroll down to the following part.
How to Remove StartNow Toolbar Step by Step?
Part One contains two basic removal paths: Control Panel and Registry Editor. This is almost the same to every program.
Part One: Uninstall StartNow Toolbar from Your PC
1. Go to Control Panel
Windows 7 user: click the Windows logo at the lower left corner to open “Start” menu, and select “Control Panel” > click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section > double-click your target to activate its uninstall wizard > follow the prompt to proceed.
Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner > the charms bar pops up, select “Search” > type in “control panel” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section > double-click your target to activate its uninstall wizard > follow the prompt to proceed.
2. Go to Registry Editor
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner, type in “regedit” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > in the registry editor window, locate “HKEY_CURRRENT_USRE/Software/Ask (developer name)” > right-click it and select “Delete”.
Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner, and select “Search” on the charms bar > type in “regedit” and press “Enter” on your keyboard > in the registry editor window, locate “HKEY_CURRRENT_USRE/Software/Ask (developer name) > right-click it and select “Delete”.
Part Two: Remove IT from Your Browser
Most users skipped this part, because they don’t know toolbar is not like the general software that can be completely deleted without taking it off from the browser. Let’s see specific tutorials, simply choose the one that fits your situation.
Remove StartNow Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer > click on the gear icon at the upper right corner > select “Internet options”.
- Select “Advanced” tab in the box > click on the “Reset” button.
- Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box > click “Reset”.
- Wait for the reset to finish > click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box > click “OK”;
- Re-open your Internet Explorer.
Remove StartNow Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
There are actually two ways for Firefox, we hereby give the easier one.
- Open Firefox > click the menu button at the upper right corner
- Click (Help) > select “Troubleshooting Information”
- Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
- Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will list the details imported. Then you may click “Finish”, and Firefox will open.
Remove StartNow Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome > click on main menu button displayed as three horizontal lines: > Select the option labeled Settings.
- The Settings will be displayed in a new tab or window (depending on your configuration) > scroll to the bottom > click on Show advanced settings.
- The advanced settings will be presented > scroll down until you see the Reset browser settings button > click on it.
- A pop-up box will show up asking for your confirmation > listing the components that will be restored to the default status > click on Reset button to finish the restoration job.
Now you have learned both ways to remove StartNow Toolbar, just choose the one you prefer the most. I still want to remind you that dragging the program folder to the Recycle Bin won’t help you out from the infection, and unwanted consequences may occur. So you’re suggested taking the method we provided, which can also be used on some other programs you want to remove.