How Do I Remove Swagbucks Toolbar?
The Swagbucks Toolbar is developed to grant users easy access to parts of the its website, in which way it can earn one Swag Buck each day. That’s why it “kindly” adds another search engine to your browser after it is automatically installed on your PC via certain freeware suites. The next time you open your browser, you find out the homepage has been replaced.
That’s how it collects precious information from your surfing behaviors. When you enter query terms with its search engine, it will not only acquire your search terms, but also display advertisements, sponsored links and coupons in the results. Just imagine how dangerous it is when you have to enter your ID and password.
Many users found it hard to get away with. They thought they clearly completed the whole removal process, why is it still there? Because clearly they didn’t do it right. It won’t work if you drag the folder to Recycle Bin or simply finish the Control Panel part of uninstall. Don’t forget you need to restore your preferred browser settings.
To perfectly remove Swagbucks Toolbar, please follow the tutorials below.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar on my own
Since most users are familiar with Windows 7, here we provide the specific means for Windows 8/8.1. There are two basic removal paths in Part One: Control Panel and Registry Editor. Almost every program to be uninstalled need to go through them.
Part One: Uninstall it from Your PC
1.Go to Control Panel
- Hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner.
- See the charms bar pops up, select “Search”.
- Type in “control panel” and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section.
- Double-click your target to activate its uninstall wizard.
- Follow the prompt to proceed.
2.Go to Registry Editor
- Hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner
- Select “Search” on the charms bar
- Type in “regedit” and press “Enter” on your keyboard
- In the registry editor window, locate “HKEY_CURRRENT_USRE/Software/Ask (developer name)
- Right-click it and select “Delete”.
Part Two: Remove it from Your Browser
This is what I said previously – If you skip this, problem won’t be fixed. The whole infection is about browsers, so you get to manually change the settings back. Here are different steps for three most popular browsers, simply choose the one infected by the toolbar.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
There are actually two ways for Firefox, we hereby give the easier one.
- Open Firefox > click the menu button at the upper right corner
- Click (Help) > select “Troubleshooting Information”
- Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
- Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will list the details imported. Then you may click “Finish”, and Firefox will open.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome > click on main menu button displayed as three horizontal lines: > Select the option labeled Settings.
- The Settings will be displayed in a new tab or window (depending on your configuration) > scroll to the bottom > click on Show advanced settings.
- The advanced settings will be presented > scroll down until you see the Reset browser settings button > click on it.
- A pop-up box will show up asking for your confirmation > listing the components that will be restored to the default status > click on Reset button to finish the restoration job.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer > click on the gear icon at the upper right corner > select “Internet options”.
- Select “Advanced” tab in the box > click on the “Reset” button.
- Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box > click “Reset”.
- Wait for the reset to finish > click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box > click “OK”;
- Re-open your Internet Explorer.
By now the annoying program should have been gone for good, unless you get another infection. Don’t worry, you can just take the above steps again, or scroll down to get a better and simpler solution.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar
You have learned that removing an extension from your computer requires three steps: uninstalling the program from Control Panel, disabling / removing it from your web browser, then delete its keys from Windows Registry Editor. The tool integrates three regular uninstall steps together, let’s have a try.
Download the recommended tool on this page.
1. Run it > in the list of Step 1, you can see all the currently installed programs on your computer.
2. Select the Swagbucks Toolbar icon > click on “Run Analysis” button on the left > check the items to be deleted it presents > click on “Complete Uninstall”.
3. Remove it from corresponding web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
4. It starts scanning the left registry entries > click on the green “Scan Leftovers” button > check the items to be deleted > finally click on “Delete Leftovers”.
Then whichever toolbar you’re going to deal with in the future, you can use the tool to take it out. To remove Swagbucks Toolbar, it could be much simpler than you imagine, so is the removal of other stubborn programs. All you need is a correct process that will not do any harm to your PC. And it’s your choice whether to seek help from a third-party software.
Hopefully the instructions I gave can be fully understood. If you have any question during the use of the tool, please contact us via the website. We will reach you as soon as possible.