Remove Zwinky Toolbar Throughly – Howto Guide
Are you struggling with removing Zwinky Toolbar? Zwinky Toolbar is not a virus, however, according to the online security report, Zwinky Toolbar is a standard malware, which is promoted through various free software downloads. The infection symptoms including browser homepage hijacked, default search engine altered to home.tb.ask.com, and randomly pop-up adds and sponsored links. The existent of Zwinky Toolbar will severely affect users’ experience with using browsers like FireFox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.
Beside freeware bundles, Zwinky Toolbar is also spread via custom downloaders of many software download sites like Softonic, CNET, so you may need to pay attention to the installation/download options listed in the downloader every time you are trying to download program from there websites, otherwise Zwinky Toolbar may be downloaded and installed together with the program you are looking for.
Actually Zwinky Toolbar is developed as a tool to collect users search terms from their search queries, then push sponsored links and advertisements in order to increase advertising revenue. And also you should aware that, the homepage and default search engine may not be restore unless you completely remove Zwinky Toolbar from your PC.
Well, If you accidentally installed Zwinky Toolbar and want it off your PC, and I’m sure the below removal tutorial could help you out.
Manual Ways to Uninstall Zwinky Toolbar
1. Uninstall Zwinky Toolbar from Your Computer
The plug-in may include several programs for different kind of browsers (IE FF Chrome) , which you will need to delete from your computer to completely uninstall Blah Toolbar. Steps are as follows:
- Open the Control Panel;
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → click “Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → click “Search” → type in “control panel” → press “Enter” key → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
- As you can see in the window appeared hereinafter, locate Zwinky Toolbar in the list. (The name of program may appeared differently in different circumstances like Zwinky Toolbar or Zwinky Toolbar Toolbar for IE/FF/Chrome)
- Double-click it to start the uninstalling.
Delete Zwinky Toolbar from web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox).
Sometimes after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package. In that case, you will not able to see it in the program list of control panel. Therefore, to correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting instead.
Remove Zwinky Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”;
- Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button
- Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset”
- Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”;
- Re-open Internet Explorer.
Remove Zwinky Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”;
- The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove Zwinky Toolbar ;
- To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from ask.com to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click the “Make Default” button appeared → find ask.com in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side;
- To change the homepage of Google Chrome from ask.com to its own default, click on (menu) → select “Settings” → click “Open the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section;
Remove Zwinky Toolbar from Firefox
- Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → click “Add-ons”;
- Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of Zwinky Toolbar ;
- To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from ask.com to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and restore the default homepage of Firefox with it.
- Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → click “Help” → “Troubleshooting Information”;
- Click on “Reset Firefox...” button showed on the right.
- Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will list the details imported. Then you may click “Finish”, and Firefox will open.
Save troubles to perfectly Uninstall Zwinky Toolbar
Hopefully the instructions above can be fully understood. If you are seeking for an easier approach to get rid of this toolbar, continue your reading here:
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller;
- Choose Zwinky Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1;
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall;
- Remove Zwinky Toolbar from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner;
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”;
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
As easy as you can see! Now Zwinky Toolbar has been completely removed from your computer system with no leftovers left. Your browser has also backed in smooth function without any interruption from this malware. If you ever encountered problematic malware/toolbars that hard to be removed, you can always resort to Max Uninstaller to completely and safely remove them from your laptop/desktop. After all, to accept a new tool, it is all about time saving and high efficiency, which Max Uninstaller can furthest guarantee. Try it without hesitation to see if it hits the spot.