Solutions of Removing McAfee Security Center Completely From Your Computer
McAfee Security Center, known as widely-used computer security software developed by McAfee, Inc for the purpose of protecting users’ online activities. In case you run into errors with the current version of McAfee Security Center so you need an reinstallation, or you would like to install another antivirus software in your computer, then you’ll need a complete removal of McAfee Security Center first before performing any of the above operations. Weird thing is that, the same as Norton 360, many computer users complained that uninstalling McAfee Security Center is quite troublesome, leftovers are found after the removal or they encounter various errors during the uninstallation. For your convenience, here we provide you different methods that help you to uninstall McAfee Security Center successfully.
Uninstall McAfee Security Center through Control Penal and MCPR.
If you want to remove a program, “Control Penal – Add/Remove program” is usually the first place you need to go and try, you may follow the below steps:
(For Windows XP users)
- Click Start- Settings- Click Control Panel.
- Double click Add or Remove Programs in the control penal window
- Find out and select McAfee Security Center in the list.
- Click Remove button on the right
- Follow the on screen instruction to continue
(For Windows 7/Vista users)
- Go to Start-Control Penal, Click Program option
- Click Programs and Features in the pop-up window
- Navigate the list and select the McAfee Security Center.
- Click Uninstall and follow the steps provided.
(NOTE: Please makes sure close McAfee Security Center and disable all the related process before you start to remove.)
The above steps only removes McAfee Security Center program but not the related leftover, now you need to use the MCPR provided by McAfee company to completely remove McAfee Security Center. Please follow the below steps:
1. Click Here to download MCPR.exe
2. Click Save, and choose where you want to save this file. Click “YES” to confirm
3. After you finish the downloading, double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.
4. Click Next and follow the instruction to complete the removal.
5. Restart your computer after the process finished.
Easier way to uninstall McAfee Security Center automatically.
If the above method doesn’t work, or you want an easier solution that guarantees a 100% removal of McAfee Security Center, we present you Max Uninstaller, which is a professionally designed software that help removing anything completely from your computer, it will definitely save your time and energy, here is what you need to do:
Please click the button to download Max Uninstaller first
Step 1: Double click Max Uninstaller icon and follow the instruction to install it in your computer.
Step 2: Launch Max Uninstaller, check McAfee Security Center on the right hand list. Press “Run Analysis”
Step 3: Max Uninstaller will review uninstall program files and associated registry entries. Click Complete Uninstall to start the program uninstall process.
Step 4: Click Yes to start McAfee Security Center uninstall.
Step 5: Wait for the standard McAfee Security Center uninstall completed. Click Scan Leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for a few minutes. When it finish scanning, click Delete Leftovers to thoroughly remove McAfee Security Center and remove its leftovers.
Step7: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstall McAfee Security Center and deleted all the related files and extensions.
Click OK to finish and now McAfee Security Center is totally uninstalled and removed from your PC.