Steps to Uninstall Nero 12 and Its Components Thoroughly
Nero 12 is a Multimedia Suite that provides a series of tools for data management, as there are too many components, the removal may be a bit complicated and tedious, if you want to completely uninstall Nero 12 and all of its components, here is the tutorial to help you out.
Manually uninstall Nero 12
If you decided to do the removal manually, make sure to get the below steps done correctly.
Part 1: Uninstall Nero 12 and its component program from Control Panel
- Close Nero 12 or any other related program that belongs to Nero 12 Multimedia Suite.
- Now click on Start button of Windows, click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove program in the Control Panel window.
- You should see Nero 12 locate in the Add/Remove program list, click Change button on the right hand.
- In the pop-up uninstall wizard, select the second option of “remove Nero 12 from your computer”, and then click ‘Next’.
- Click Remove button and the wizard will start to remove Nero and its component programs one by one.
- The uninstall process may take you a few minutes as there are many programs included in the Nero 12 Multimedia Suite.
Part 2: Search and delete program leftovers files
- Go to Start > Search, click Files or folders
- Select the option of All files and folders.
- In the File name section, type in Nero.
- In the ‘Look in’ section, make sure to included all drives.
- Click Search button and a few seconds it will find out what’s been left in your computer.
- You can press Ctrl + A to select all the found files and folder and then delete them to Windows recycle bin.
Part 3: Delete registry leftovers
When you installed Nero12 in the computer, a huge amount of registry data was created in the Windows registry. Using the build-in uninstall option is unable to help you remove all of these registry data, you need to find them out and delete them manually to avoid registry redundancy. Here is how:
- Press Windows button + R key on your keyboard to open Run commend window.
- Type in ‘regedit’ in the run commend window and press Enter.
- Click File menu in the registry editor, click Export and follow the instruction to create backup file before you delete any entry.
- Navigate the registry editor to the folder of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, delete the following entries & keys.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero\Nero 12\Nero Express
- Navigate to the folder of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ and delete the below entries & keys.
Now Nero 12 and its component should have been completely removed, simply close the registry editor and restart your computer to allow new changes take effect.
Uninstall Nero 12 automatically
When comes to completely removing a Windows application/program/software, Max Uninstaller is always the best choose as it is able to help you get the removal done automatically within a few clicks, if you encounter errors/problems while uninstalling Nero 12, or you simply tired of these tedious manual process, let Max Uninstaller to help you out.
Video demonstration of uninstalling Nero 12 by using Max Uninstaller
- Download Max Uninstaller and install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select Nero 12 in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Nero 12.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Note: after you open Max Uninstaller, you may see a huge list of Nero 12 – related program, there is need to panic over it, all you need to do is locate where “Nero 12” is, perform the removal steps as the above, and Nero 12 and all program in the suit will be removed once for all. If you still unclear about the process, feel free to leave your message below , we will answer your question and help you out asap.