Simple Tips to Uninstall PrivDog of Comodo Firewall
There must be quite a number of people upset about how to completely uninstall PrivDog, the well-known browser plug-in, which supports browsers including IE, Firefox, and Chrome, etc, preventing your computer from advertisement, tracking, statistics, and third-party toolbars on websites.
Some users at the first beginning do not need this accessory product that installed along with Comodo, or found it not that helpful and want to remove it, but conduct the uninstalling in a wrong way that brings about troublesome consequences. If you are one of them, glance over this post to perfectly remove PrivDog.
Manually Uninstall PrivDog in Order
If you are using Windows 8, move your mouse to the right lower corner of the screen, stay for a while, click “Settings” to open “Control Panel”, and steps are almost the same as those on Windows 7 from now on, as you can see in the picture:
Step 1: There are eight sections in Control Panel as well as those on Windows 7, click “Uninstall a program” in “Program” section;
Step 2: Find PrivDog in the list being showed, double-click it or right-click it to start the removal with its default uninstaller;
Step 3: Click “Next” on the pop-up window, select all the items presented, click “Next” again;
Step 4: Uninstalling is done, click “Finish”.
A problem by adopting this method is that PrivDog’s leftovers (registry entries) are still staying in C driver, which you may not bother to locate; and you’re not suggested to delete those registry files on your own by simply searching them folder by folder, unless you have possessed certain computer knowledges. Here is the guidance for cleaning out its registry entries:
1. Download the installation file on PrivDog’s official website: http://www.privdog.com/index.html, open it to acquire the name of its verified publisher (AdTrustMedia);
2. Windows 7 user: Click “Start” in the left lower corner → enter “regedit” to open “Windows Registry Editor”
Windows 8 user: Hover your mouse in the right lower corner → click “Search” → enter enter “regedit” to open “Windows Registry Editor”
3. You can see several folders then, unfold: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/AdTrustMedia (verified publisher)/
4. Delete all things under the directory.
Awkwardly, some people open their browsers and find that PrivDog is still quietly sitting right on the toolbar with intact functions prepared. Then you may try to install it in order to correctly uninstall it again. However, a pop-up window shows up telling you PrivDog is already installed. You may be like: “Really? What should I do now?”
Try An Easy and Safe Solution to Uninstall PrivDog
As a general computer user myself, I have come across a range of operational issues, and saved my PC over and over again from frustrating situations other than uninstalling PrivDog, even though I am not an expert of this field. According to my experience, I hereby pick one I consider as reliable among dozens of cleaning tools—-Max Uninstaller, in hope of providing you practical information.
Uninstall PrivDog by using MU – Video demonstration
- Download, install, and start the program;
- Choose PrivDog icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1;
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window;
- Select all the items of PrivDog in the “Choose the plug-ins to uninstall” window, and click “Next”;
- The removal is almost completed.
- When it tells you “Please wait while Max Uninstaller initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”;
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
Now you know exactly how to completely get rid of PrivDog, make your move!