Tutorial of How to Uninstall Mask Surf
Mask Surf is a program that allows people to surf the internet under anonymity, thus provide protection to the personal information and controls of specific aspects of users’ online activities. It is kind of a professionals tools for advanced computer users, if this tool does not meet your expectation, or it is no longer useful to you, you can follow the below instruction to uninstall Mask Surf from your computer.
Uninstall Mask Surf manually
If Mask Surf was correctly installed, it should be easy to uninstall, however, if you want to make this uninstall complete – which means leave nothing related to the program behind in your system, there are a couple of things you should pay attention.
Part 1: Remove Mask Surf from control panel.
- Click on the Start button (or Windows button in Windows 7/Vista)
- Open Add/Remove program from Control Panel. (Windows 7/Vista users please open Control Panel, and click ‘Uninstall a program’ link)
- Locate Mask Surf in the program list, select to highlight it.
- Click the Remove or Uninstall (Win7) button.
- The uninstall wizard will pop up and guide you to uninstall Mask Surf, click Uninstall.
- After the removal process finished, click Next.
- And you will be prompted “Mask Surf 3.4 has been uninstall from your computer” click Finish button to close the uninstall wizard.
You are now only half way to success, to completely uninstall Mask Surf, you need to manually delete its leftover files, folders and registry entries.
Part 2: manually remove leftovers
- Open My Computer.
- Go to the location where you installed Mask Surf (the default install location is C:\Program Files)
- Locate the folder named “Mask Surf”.
- Select it and press the Delete key in your keyboard.
- Now press Start key + R key.
- Type in regedit in the appeared box and press ENTER.
- After you open registry editor, navigate the branch tree on the left side and locate this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mask Surf (you can refer to the below screen shot)
- Press Delete key in the keyboard.
- Close registry editor and reboot your computer.
Tips: if you are not familiar with how to use registry editor, I suggest you to backup the registry first (click file menu in the registry editor and select Export ) to avoid possible damage caused by mistaken operation.
Uninstall Mask Surf automatically with Max Uninstaller
For a quicker and safer solution to uninstall Mask Surf completely, we recommend you to use Max Uninstaller, this program is specially designed to help computer user remove any kind of Windows application/software/games completely and automatically, if you ever encounter stubborn application that is hard to be removed, this program can definitely bring you great help.
Video demonstration of how Max Uninstaller work to uninstall Mask Surf
- Click here to download Max Uninstaller, double click the setup file to install it in your PC
- Double click the icon to launch MU.
- Locate and click Mask Surf in the program interface and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Mask Surf.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK to finish the process.
If you can carry out the above step correctly, Mask Surf and its related components should have been thoroughly removed from your laptop/desktop!