Uninstall Avast Premier – How To Remove Avast Premier 2016
Developed by AVAST Software, Inc., Avast Premier 2016 claims to offer complete, top-of-the-line protection against all kinds of cyber attacks. This security suit is packed with enhanced features like Intelligent Antivirus, Home Network Security, Browser Cleanup, Firewall, Passwords, Sandbox, Data Shredder, SecureDNS, etc., and users can choose which modules they want to have in the install wizard. To be brief, Avast remains a prime choice for those seeking a complete and reliable antivirus software.
In spite of its outstanding performance in protecting users’ computers, Avast Premier 2016 may cause troubles for some of its users, especially when they are trying to uninstall or re-install this software. Have you encountered any problem in removing Avast Premier 2016? Had no clue how to get rid of it without hassle? In this post we offers detailed instructions to help you uninstall Avast Premier 2016 perfectly.
Option 1: Remove Avast Premier 2016 With Automated Uninstaller
If you wanna uninstall Avast Premier 2016 quickly and thoroughly, then try this recommended solution first. As one of the best uninstaller running on Windows OS, Max Uninstaller is designed to remove any unneeded, problematic, and stubborn programs in three simple steps. Facilitated by highly engineered uninstall engine, it will automatically detect and remove all components of target program. Download this tool right here and see how it works to fully remove Avast Premier 2016.
- Install and run Max Uninstaller after deactivating Avast Premier 2016.
- Select Avast Premier on the interface and click Run Analysis.
- Click Complete Uninstall after all the components have been scanned out.
- Click Yes in the dialog and follow prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Click Scan Leftovers to conduct a full scan for Avast Premier leftovers.
- Click Delete Leftovers and then Yes in the pop-up dialog.
Tip: If the program you wanna uninstall is not listed on MU interface, you just need to click “Not listed above” button in Step 1, specify the install directory and click “Scan” to perform force uninstall. That works for stubborn/corrupted programs.
Incredibly easy and fast, right? The whole process is so intuitive and the removal result turns out to be quite satisfying. You don’t need to perform complicated operations or take risks in deleting Avast leftovers. A handy and powerful tool indeed. For more Avast software removal guides, see:
Option 2: Uninstall Avast Premier 2016 Via Windows Control Panel
Wanna uninstall Avast Premier 2016 without using third-party utility? The regular method is to uninstall Avast Premier by using Windows Add/Remove Programs. To successfully remove Avast Premier 2016, please follow the undermentioned steps:
Step 1. Disable Avast Premier 2016
To ensure the success of Avast Premier uninstallation, first of all you must turn off this program and terminate its background processes in Task Manager.
- Right click the taskbar and choose Task Manager option.
- Identify the processes belonging to Avast Premier 2016.
- Click End Task button to terminated them one by one.
Notice: If you have trouble in shutting down Avast Premier 2016, or you wanna avoid possible problems in uninstalling Avast Premier 2016, you had better reboot system into Safe Mode and then continue with the next step. How to enter into Safe Mode:
- Press Windows + R together to open the Run dialogue.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open: field and click OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface.
- Check the “Safe boot” box and click OK to restart PC.
Step 2. Uninstall Avast Premier 2016
- Win 7: Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs to open Program and Features panel.
- Win 8: Right click Start and choose Programs and Features option in the list.
- Win 10: Click Start > All apps, right click Avast Premier and click Uninstall option.
- Scroll through the list to select Avast Premier and then click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall when the Avast Premier Setup wizard pops up.
- Click Yes to continue uninstalling Avast Premier 2016 and wait for a while.
- Restart your computer after the setup completes the uninstallation.
In case this regular method does not work out for reasons like some executive files are missing/damaged, you may need to re-install Avast Premier 2016 to cover corrupted files, and then try to uninstall it again. But if you fall into the dilemma that both installation and uninstallation of Avast Premier 2016 fail to complete, here is another way worth a try. Avast provides a specialized uninstaller (avastclear.exe) to help users solve the issue that Avast products cannot be uninstalled by the standard way mentioned above. You can run this uninstall utility in Safe Mode to remove Avast Premier, and then get rid of AvastClear if you don’t use it any longer.
Step 3. Delete Keys/Values in Registry
- (Right) click Start menu and choose the Run option in the list.
- Type “regedit” in the Run box and press Enter to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type Avast Premier (or the developer’s name) in the Find box.
- Click Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete related entries.
Warning: Be careful in making changes on Windows Registry. We do not suggest inexperienced users to delete registry entries without backing-up, cause serious problems might occur if you modify the registry improperly. If you feel troublesome to detect Avast Premier leftovers, why not use Max Uninstaller to get job done easily?
Step 4. Delete Files/Folders in Disk
- Click Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog box to save the changes.
- Open File Explorer and input Avast Premier in the Search Bar.
- Identify and then delete the matched items in the search results.
After the manual steps mentioned above have been done strictly, Avast Premier 2016 is supposed to be fully removed from your system. Yet, some people might think it takes too much time or energy to perform, and thereby an automated removal tool becomes a better option to help users get rid of Avast Premier 2016 effortlessly. Looking for an one-click solution to program removal? Just try Max Uninstaller now!