Effective Ways To Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 From Windows
Know More About Avast Pro Antivirus:
Avast Pro Antivirus is a famous software that provides real-time protection for your computer. Compared with other paid versions of Avast software, Pro Antivirus adds SafeZone feature to ensure secured payments and banking operations when you surf the Internet. You can tweak each of its components in detail, and also, adjust the priority level to balance the scanning speed and system resources consumption. One the other hand, some users complaint about the bloatware it comes with (e.g. Google Chrome) or frequent notifications, while others reported different kinds of questions during the normal usage. Those who are tired of those issues may decide to remove Avast and switch to other brand antivirus. But they could also encounter problems resulting in unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall of Avast Pro Antivirus.
Have no clue how to remove Avast Pro Antivirus properly? Fail to get rid of all its components by yourself? If you are upset by Avast uninstallation, check out this tutorial to get these issues solved.
Fully Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus In Three Steps
If you want to cast off Avast Pro Antivirus with minimal effort, utilizing a professional uninstaller is the most effective way to achieve this task. As one of the excellent uninstall utility running on Windows OS, Max Uninstaller can remove any unwanted, problematic, or malicious program – all in three simple steps. Once launched, it will quickly locate all the associated items of target program, and what you need to do is to click, click, and click. Now watch the video clip below and experience how fast it could be to remove all traces of Avast Pro Antivirus.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after deactivating Avast Pro Antivirus.
- Select Avast Pro Antivirus and click Run Analysis to proceed.
- Click Complete Uninstall after all the components are scanned out.
- Click Yes in the dialog and follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Click Scan Leftovers to conduct a full scan for Avast Pro Antivirus leftover.
- Click Delete Leftovers and then Yes in the pop-up confirmation dialog.
- After all the leftovers have been removed, click OK to end the process.
See? The whole process may take only one minute to complete, and Max Uninstaller ensures a clean, complete uninstall of Avast Pro Antivirus. A handy and reliable tool. Force Uninstall: for those corrupted/stubborn/malicious programs that cannot be uninstalled by conventional means, you can click “Not listed above” in Step 1, specify the install directory of target program and then click Scan to run force uninstall mode.
For other Avast software removal guides, see:
How Can I Remove Avast Pro Antivirus Manually
Automated uninstaller saves your time greatly in getting rid of unneeded programs. But if some of you still want to try uninstalling Avast Pro Antivirus manually, here are the detailed instructions for your reference. The first thing, of course, is to uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus, and the second is to remove Avast leftovers.
Part 1. Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus
If Avast Pro Antivirus is running, try to shut it down prior to the uninstallation.
- Right click the Avast icon in the system tray, and choose Disable option.
- Right click the taskbar at the bottom and choose Task Manager option.
- Select the Avast processes and click End Task to terminate them one by one.
Tip: Cannot turn off Avast Pro Antivirus? In that case we suggest you to reboot PC into Safe Mode to prevent any 3rd-party software from being activated. Here is how to do:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open: field and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration and check the “Safe boot” box.
- Click OK and then Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
Way 1: Activate Windows default uninstaller
It is a common way to uninstall unwanted program through Windows Add/Remove Programs applet. To remove Avast Pro Antivirus by this way, do the followings:
Win 7: Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs to open Program and Features panel.
Win 8: Right click Start and choose Programs and Features option in the list.
Win 10: Click Start > All apps, right click Avast Premier and click Uninstall option.
- Choose Avast Pro Antivirus in the opened window, and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall in the Pro Antivirus Setup wizard and wait for a while.
- Once finished, click Restart computer to remove the files left behind.
Way 2: Run Avast built-in uninstall program
Most antivirus software come with their own specialized uninstaller. For the program which has the built-in uninstaller, you can begin the uninstallation like this:
- Press Windows + E together to open File Explorer, and navigate to the installation folder of Avast Pro Antivirus (usually located in C:/Program Files/). Or you can right click Avast Pro Antivirus shortcut, and choose Open file location option.
- Scroll through to locate the file named avastui.exe and double click on it.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process and then reboot your computer.
Sometimes you may fail to uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus using both of these methods, and problems appear like: Avast does not appear in the list of installed program but it runs on the background; Avast Setup wizard refuses to show up even if you launch the included uninstaller; uninstall process is stopped by unknown error……
The main possible reason is Avast Pro Antivirus has been corrupted or installed improperly. You may need to run the initial install package to cover damaged files, or to repair problematic Avast Pro Antivirus in Avast Setup wizard. If unfortunately, that could not work, here is the last chance: try avastclear offered by AVAST software (see here). Once the process is done, don’t forget to uninstall this tool from Control Panel.
Part 2: Delete Avast Pro Antivirus Leftovers
Now we proceed with the removal of Avast leftovers. Please follow the steps below:
(1). Keys/Values in Registry
- Head to Start > Run, Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key.
- Choose Find option on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keywords of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Enter Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
(2). Files/Folders in Disk
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Open File Explore and input Avast Pro Antivirus in the Search Bar.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
In this post we show several approaches to fully remove Avast Pro Antivirus. Hope any of them help solve your uninstall issues. If you are still stuck in uninstalling Avast software, don’t hesitate to leave your comment here, and we will be glad to assist.