Uninstall BCWipe Completely And Easily – Howto Guide
BCWipe is a program allows computer users delete any kind of contents from the hard drive completely, it wipe out all the trace which making the deleted content unrecoverable. However this program is not entirely free, the free version does the wipe job pretty slow, if you are not satisfy with BCWipe, or you just done using it, you can follow the below instruction to completely uninstall BCWipe from your laptop/desktop.
Delete BCWipe manually
Step 1: Delete BCWipe from Add/Remove program
- First make sure to turn off any BCWipe-related program (Like BCWipe manager)
- Click Start button, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Add/Remove program.
- BCWipe should be listed in the Add/Remove program list, highlight it from the list.
- Click Remove button behind the program name.
- The uninstall wizard will pop-up telling you the stuff it is about to remove. Click Start button.
- Wait for a few second, after the process finish, click Close button.
- The program will prompt you to restart the computer, click Yes to Restart.
Step 2: Delete registry leftovers
You should know that, the standard removal process above is unable to remove all the registry data related to BCWipe. If your want to completely remove BCWipe, you’ll need to use registry editor to delete the leftovers manually.
- Press Start + R key on your keyboard to bring up Run window.
- In the Run window, type in ‘regedit’ and press Enter.
- Once you open registry editor, click File menu > Export.
- Follow the instruction to create a backup file before you start any registry modification.
- Once you done the backup, click the + sign to navigate the registry branch tree on the left side.
- Reach the location of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
- Delete the ‘Jetico’ folder inside.
- Back to the branch tree and reach the location of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
- Find out the folder named ‘Jetico‘ and delete it.
- Close the registry editor and reboot your computer to allow changes take effect.
Note: Registry is the core component of Windows, so you should be very careful about any modification you are about to do with registry editor, a single mistaken operation may cause you unexpected troubles even system crash. If you accidentally deleted a wrong registry key/entry, go to File menu in the registry editor and select Import, and then follow the instruction to restore the registry by using the backup file you created before.
Uninstall BCWipe automatically (Recommended way)
For a safer and quicker solution, you are recommended to use Max Uninstaller, a professional tool to help you uninstall BCWipe or any other Windows application/software thoroughly.
Video demonstration – How to uninstall BCWipe with Max Uninstaller
- Download Max Uninstaller here, open the setup file and follow the instrcution to install it.
- Launch MU after the installation.
- Select BCWipe in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- The uninstall wizard may prompt you to reboot the machine, click NO to continue the removal.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of BCWipe.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Congratulations! Now BCWipe have been completely removed from your computer. If you ever enconter any other hard – to – remove program, simply launch Max Uninstaller and repeat the steps as above and you will be able to remove it completely from your machine, no matter it is corrupter or incomplete.