Three Steps To Uninstall Charity Engine Effectively -Charity Engine Removal Guide
Charity Engine is a free PC application based on Berkeley University‘s BOINC software. Owned and operated by the Worldwide Computer Company Ltd., it helps raise money for charities by working with thousands of other PCs as part of the Charity Engine grid. With this program, computer owners can donate their surplus computing resources (such as processing power and storage) to the Charity Engine volunteer computing grid, and get cash prizes for it. Even so, some users may try to uninstall Charity Engine for different reasons. Then here comes the question: do you really know the exact way to erase Charity Engine completely from your system?
Problems you may encounter in uninstalling Charity Engine:
- Charity Engine is corrupted and fails to be uninstalled via Control Panel.
- The uninstallation process is interrupted and stop by pop-up error messages.
- Charity Engine remnants cannot be completely detected and deleted by hand.
- Charity Engine still runs on the background after you perform a normal uninstall.
Get lost in solving these uninstall issues? In this post we offer two removal methods to help you get rid of Charity Engine. You can choose either of them as you like to remove Charity Engine without hassle.
Method 1: How To Uninstall Charity Engine Automatically
Uninstalling unwanted software may be part of everyone’s computing practices. Performing this task by hand requires some advanced computer knowledge, and any mis-operation in the process may bring risks to your system. The most quick way to uninstall Charity Engine is to utilize a professional and reliable removal tool.
Facilitated by highly engineered engine, Max Uninstaller can remove any unwanted, problematic, or malicious program – all in three simple steps. Both novice and experienced users can apply this lightweight tool to easily accomplish Charity Engine removal task. Now let’s see how it works to remove all traces of Charity Engine.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after ending all related background processes.
- Select Charity Engine on the interface and click Run Analysis to proceed.
- Click Complete Uninstall after all the components are scanned out.
- Click Yes in the dialog and follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Click Scan Leftovers to conduct a full scan for Charity Engine leftover.
- Click Delete Leftovers and then Yes in the pop-up confirmation dialog.
- After all the leftovers have been removed, click OK to end the process.
See? The whole process may take only one minute to complete, and then Charity Engine will be perfectly uninstalled from your machine. Note: if the program you wanna uninstall is not list above, you can click “Not listed above” button, specify the install directory of target program and click Scan to perform force uninstall.
For more PUP removal guides, see:
Method 2: How To Remove Charity Engine Manually
In case you want to remove Charity Engine by yourself, here are the conventional steps to follow. First you need to uninstall Charity Engine through Windows default uninstaller, and then delete associated program leftovers around the system.
1. End Background Processes
Before uninstalling any unwanted software, you must turn off target program as well as terminate all associated background processes to avoid unsuccessful uninstall.
- Right click the taskbar and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select the processes associated with Charity Engine and click End Task.
Tip: If you cannot exit Charity Engine by this way, try to reboot computer into Safe Mode to stop any other third-party software from being activated. How to reboot Windows into Safe Mode:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open: field and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration and check the “Safe boot” box.
- Click OK and then Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
2. Uninstall Charity Engine
Win 7: Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs to open Program and Features panel.
Win 8: Right click Start and choose Programs and Features option in the list.
Win 10: Click Start > All apps, right click Charity Engine and click Uninstall option.
- Scroll through to select Charity Engine and click Uninstall button.
- Click Remove > Next in the Charity Engine wizard to start the uninstallation.
- Click Remove > OK > Finish to complete the process, and then reboot your PC.
Tip: If Charity Engine is installed correctly, you can smoothly uninstall it by this way. However, if some of the executive files are missing or corrupted, you may fail to launch the uninstaller by clicking the Uninstall button in Control Panel. In that case you can run Charity Engine installation package, and then click Remove to proceed.
For the program which has the built-in uninstaller, you can also:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation folder of target program.
- Double click on uninstall.exe (or unins000.exe) to launch the uninstall program.
- Follow the prompts to complete uninstallation and then reboot your computer.
3. Delete Program Leftovers
As is mentioned before, uninstalling Charity Engine via Control Panel does not mean that it can be fully removed from your system. Once a program is installed and especially runs for a period of time, its preference settings, login files, temporary folders and registry entries will be created and scattered around your system. If you just let it go, as time goes by those junk files will waste unnecessary disk space and even cause chaos. To clean up those unneeded files, continue with the next steps.
(1). Keys/Values in Registry
- (Right) click on the Start icon and then select the Run option.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Enter Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
Warning: You must be very careful in making any change on the registry keys or values. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. If you lack adequate experience in identifying associated entries, do a Google search on Charity Engine components, or turn to the uninstaller we recommend for help.
(2). Files/Folders in Disk
- Click Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Open File Explorer and input the keyword of target program in the Search Bar.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
This article shows detail steps to uninstall Charity Engine both automatically and manually. Hope they can help resolve your uninstall issues. Applying an automated tool like Max Uninstaller helps users avoid many laborious works and unnecessary risks, while the conventional method may be a little cumbersome for beginners to follow.
If you are stuck in any program removal, just give Max Uninstaller a try, and you will be quite satisfied with the convenience and effectiveness it brings.