Uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar – Easy Removal Guide
If you are reading this, it means you might have been intervened by this annoying and stubborn software—-DVDVideoSoft Toolbar, which is a Web browser hijacker. No worries, I will teach you how to get away with the “rogue”.
It compulsorily adds extra buttons, its own homepage and search engine for you once it is successfully installed on your PC. Why didn’t you notice its invasion? Because you didn’t really pay attention to those options during some freeware’s installtion, for example, “Set http://www.downloadmytoolbar.com/DVDVideoSoft/download.html as your homepage,” or “Add DVDVideoSoft Toolbar Search Engine to your browser.”
Sometimes after you visit a website, you suddenly see this plug-in on your browser. You may have tried to remove it like you did to other programs you wanted to uninstall, and ended up with no change.
It feels like a trap hard to escape from, even though it is technically not doing any harm to your computer like a true virus. Continue your reading below to see specific instructions to remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar.
Manual Guides to Remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar
1. Remove the plug-in from Control Panel
The plug-in may include several programs, such as DVDVideoSoft Toolbar Chrome Extension, DVDVideoSoft Toolbar Firefox Toolbar, DVDVideoSoft Toolbar Internet Explorer Toolbar, etc. They are all those you need to delete from your computer. Steps are as follows:
(1) How to access Control Panel?
Windows 8 user: two choices: (i) hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → Select “Search” → type in “control panel” → press “Enter” key → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(ii) Double-click “This PC” on desktop → click on “Open Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → select “Control Panel” → click on “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
(2) You can see all the programs being listed in “Add/uninstall a program” on the pop-up window.
Scroll through the list, if you find DVDVideoSoft Toolbar, or any of those above-mentioned programs in the list, it is definitely the target you need to hit;
Double-click it to activate its uninstaller program. After clicking a few “Next”s and a “finish” button, the plug-in shall be gone.
2. Uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from web browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer).
In some cases, after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package, which means you may not notice until the next time you open the browser.
If so, you will not able to track it in the program list of Control Panel. To correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting (undo the unwanted changes).
I am hereby respectively giving specific methods for removing DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from three widely-used browsers.
Remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
(1) Open Firefox → click on (Firefox menu button) button at the upper right corner.
(2) click (Help) → select “Troubleshooting Information.”
(3) Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
(4) Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will show up, listing the details imported. You may click on the “Finish” button, and Firefox will open.
(1) Open Firefox → click (Firefox menu button) at the upper right corner → choose “Add-ons”;
(2) Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of DVDVideoSoft Toolbar;
(3) To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from the toolbar’s website to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and use it to restore the default homepage.
Remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from Google Chrome
(1) Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”;
(2) The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove the plug-in;
(3) To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from search.gboxapp.com to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click on “Make Default” button appeared → find DVDVideoSoft Toolbar in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side;
(4) To change the homepage of Google Chrome from search.gboxapp.com to its own default, click on (menu) → select “Settings” → click “Open the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section;
Last but not least: Remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from Internet Explorer
(1) Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”.
(2) Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button.
(3) Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset.”
(4) Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”.
(5) Re-open Internet Explorer.
Easier Approach to Remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller.
- Choose DVDVideoSoft Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1.
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall.
- Remove it from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers.”
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers.”
Didn’t it make a great difference to conventional uninstalling process? The point is that it is much simpler than going through steps via Control Panel or the Registry, and wondering whether this is appropriate to do.
In addition to DVDVideoSoft Toolbar removal, this tool is capable of uninstalling for many other potential unwanted programs. To most users, computer maintenance is about time saving and high efficiency, otherwise they would not bother to do it instead of reinstalling the system.
If you are coincidently one of them, don’t hesitate to download the tool : )