Uninstall iLivid – Instruction on How to Remove iLivid Completely
Are you having trouble with removing iLivid program from your computer? iLivid is a free download manager program, but it is also classified as malware by many antivirus software as it is able to hijack browser and causing search redirect, another problem about iLivid is that, there are a couple of extra programs & toolbar bundled in the installation, which makes the iLivid program removal a bit annoying and complicated.
iLivid and bundled programs review
- iLivid – the main program.
- Search-Result toolbar – a toolbar that could redirect your search to ilivid.com, search.ilivid.com, start.ilivid.com, or home.ilivid.com
- Touch – a browser developed by Touch Media Inc.
If you don’t know how to completely get rid of iLivid, simply follow the below instruction.
Steps to uninstall iLivid and its components manually.
Part 1: Uninstall iLivid from Control Panel
- First close iLivid program. Go to system tray, right click on the iLivid icon and select Exit.
- Click Start button of Windows, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program.
- Select iLivid in the program list, click Remove/Change button.
- Click Finish button in the pop-up wizard and start to perform the removal.
- Wait untill the removal process finish.
Part 2: Remove iLivid components
- Back to Add/Remove program, select on Search-Result Toolbar
- Click Remove button on the right hand.
- Click Next on the uninstall wizard of Search-Result Toolbar.
- Wait a few second to allow the wizard to process the removal.
- Click Finish.
- Back to Add/Remove program.
- Locate Touch browser, click Remove/Change.
- In the pop-up wizard, tick the two options of ‘Also delete your browser data’ and ‘Change default browser to.’ in the right hand drop down menu, we suggest to select ‘Default host application’.
- Click Uninstall button, and the wizard will start to remove touch browser.
Part 2: Remove iLivid leftovers
It is not that easy to get iLivid completely removed simply by following the above steps, you need to find out the program leftover manually, here is how:
- Open Windows Search Tool from Start menu
- Select All files and folders in the search window.
- Type in iLivid in the search blank and hit search button.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the found files and folders and delete them to recycle bin.
- Press Windows button and R key to open run commend window.
- Type in regedit in the run commend window and press Enter
- After you open the registry editor, navigate to the folder of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
- Delete the below registry keys
- And then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ folder.
- Locate and delete the below keys of iLivid program
Well, if you have done the above steps correctly, iLivid have been completely removed from your computer. Be careful about part of registry key deletion, if it is the first time you use registry editor, do remember to backup the registry from File > Export before any operation, this would help you avoid problems caused mistaken deletion. If find the above tutorial is hard to follow or encounter uninstall error, we recommend using professional uninstall tool to help you remove iLivid automatically.
Uninstall iLivid automatically with Max Uninstaller
Max Uninstaller is designed to help computer user to remove stubborn Windows applications/program automatically, you can download Max Uninstaller here, and refer to the below video demonstration of how Max Uninstaller work to uninstall iLivid thuroughly and automatically.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select iLivid in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of iLivid.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
- Repeat the above steps to remove other bundled program of iLivid.