How to Uninstall Inkscape on your Windows PC with Max Uninstaller?
How to uninstall Inkscape in your Windows? This article will guide you. There are tow removal solutions for Inkscape and a video of getting rid of Inkscape in this article. Just taking a few minutes to view this article, you can master a new proper technicality to uninstall Inkscape.
What is Inkscape?
Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. It is used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps and web graphics. Inkscape uses the W3C open standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) as its native format, and is free and open-source software.
See most frequently asked questions about uninstalling Inkscape.
1. How can I uninstall Inkscape in Windows XP/7/8/10, so that related files, settings, and registry entries are also removed?
2. I cannot install the latest version of Inkscape after upgrading Windows 10.
3. Upgrading to the most recent version of Inkscape, but I get an error pop-up.
In fact, the reason of failure for Inkscape upgrading or reinstalling is the incomplete deletion of its leftovers. Therefore, there are two better solutions to uninstall Inkscape and delete its leftovers, which are recommended to you.
The first solution: manually uninstall Inkscape
- Execute built-in uninstaller of Inkscape
Usually, the built-in uninstaller is in the installation directory of Inkscape. You can find it through the following approaches. Note that its name contains the string “uninstall” or “remove” generally.
- Windows XP
Click the Start Button on the Desktop to open the menu, then point to “All programs” and click on “Inkscape” in the right pane.
- Windows 7
Click the Start Orb Button on the Desktop to open the Start menu, then select “All programs” and click on “Inkscape” folder.
- Windows 8/10
Click the bottom-left Windows icon on the screen. At the Start screen, find and right-click tile of Inkscape, then click on it and select “Open file location”.
- Windows XP
- Launch Windows uninstaller of Inkscape on the Control Panel
You can go to “Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features” and then find the Inkscape icon on the list view, in case you do not find the built-in uninstaller of Inkscape.
- You need to delete all the leftovers after completely removing Inkscape. such as files, folders, registry entries, etc.
- Open Registry Editor
In Windows XP, click on the Start button and then click Run.
In Windows 10, right-click or tap-and-hold the Start button and then choose Run.
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click on Start.
In the search box or Run window, type the following:
and then press Enter.
- Search related registry entries and delete them.
Open “Find” dialog by pressing the keyboard combination Ctrl+F, then enter the key, value, or data you are looking for in the “Find what” box. Such as “Inkscape”, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Inkscape”, etc.
- Open Registry Editor
The second solution: automatically uninstall Inkscape
- Download and install Max Uninstaller
- Start Max Uninstaller and find the Inkscape icon in the list view showing installed software.
- Click “Run Analysis” button, then Max Uninstaller will automatically analyze related files/folders, registry entries, and other settings.
- Next step, click “Complete Uninstall”. At this moment, Max Uninstaller call built-in uninstaller of Inkscape, and we just follow its prompt to uninstall Inkscape.
- Finally, delete all the Inkscape leftovers by clicking “Delete Leftovers”.