Uninstall IObit Malware Fighter program completely – How to Guide
Obit Malware Fighter offers solid solutions to protect your computer against popular malware from the internet. It has a much modern-look design which fits the latest Windows 8 pretty well, its interface is also intuitive enough for computer users in every level.
How to properly uninstall IObit Malware Fighter
Removing IObit Malware Fighter seems to be easy, however, there is always remains left behind in your computer after performing the regular un-installation. If you want to completely uninstall this program, you may follow the below instruction:
Step 1: Close IObit Malware Fighter if it is running
- Right click on the program icon in the system tray, select Exit.
- The program will ask for your further confirmation about the Exit action, click OK.
(To close IObit Malware Fighter, you can also open Task Manager to disable the related process of the program)
Step 2: Perform regular removal from Add/Remove program
- Click Start, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Locate and highlight IObit Malware Fighter in the list. Click ‘Remove’ or ‘Change/Remove’
- In the uninstall wizard, click the link of ‘No, I want a full uninstall’.
- Upon click the link, the removal will be start and finish in a few second (There is no visual process displayed.)
Step 3: Delete program leftovers
- Open My computer.
- Double click the drive where you install IObit Malware Fighter.
- Delete the leftover folder named ‘IObit’ .
(if you can not remember the location of the installation, use Windows search function to search ‘IObit’ and you will easily find out the leftover folder)
- Press Windows button + R key.
- In the pop – up Run box, type in ‘regedit’ and hit OK.
- Click File menu of Registry Editor, select Export.
- Make sure the export range section has been selected as ‘All’ .
- Name the backup that you can easily remember, and then click Save button.
(If you are confident about how to operate registry editor, you can skip the above backup steps and move on to the next)
- Expand the registry branch, find out the below listed registry leftovers of IObit Malware Fighter.
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\//\//\IObit Cloud Anti-Malwre
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter
- Delete the above registry leftovers one by one.
- Close the registry editor and restart computer to allow new change take effect.
Note: For any mistaken operation, you can use the backup file you created to restore the registry to previous status.
Uninstall IObit Malware Fighter automatically
If you encounter problems & errors that stop you from carrying on the removal, or you simply want an easier solution, Max Uninstaller is definitely your best choice. Max Uninstaller has its unique way to remove any stubborn Windows application completely and automatically, it is the most effective and powerful uninstaller tool that avaialble, you can review the video demonstration below and then follow the steps to uninstall IObit Malware Fighter easily.
- Download Max Uninstaller and install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select IObit Malware Fighter in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of IObit Malware Fighter.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller will remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Now this program has been removed from your system without leaving any trace. If you ever encounter problematic software/application/program/game which is hard to remove, just run your Max Uninstaller, it will solve your problem within a few clicks.