Uninstall Kiwee Toolbar – Removal Instruction
Kiwee Toolbar is a browser-based plug-in owned by American Greetings. Once installed on Microsoft Windows operating systems, this program might not be easily uninstalled through regular means. So there are quite a number of questions posted in kinds of Internet forums seeking help to remove it.
To completely achieve that, users need to manually delete directories, unlock files, terminate processes, unregistering DLL files and deleting registry keys. However those developers often make it difficult to get rid of their products, which means those applications are actually potentially unwanted programs this way. Some users may even consider them as viruses.
This kind of toolbar is insecure because it will automatically install additional malware onto the compromised computer, access and collect user-identifying data. This will probably result in privacy violation and identity theft.
The company used to bundled the toolbar with other Webshots Desktop Application, a freeware that can be download from the site to manage online images for users, in order to help install the controversial plug-in as part of an application update. This action generated many complaints online from users due to its intrusive nature. This page is to provide specialized guides and videos showing how to remove Kiwee Toolbar.
How to Manually Remove Kiwee Toolbar?
The First Part: Uninstall it from Your Computer
Like deleting other common programs, you can directly access Control Panel to activate its default uninstaller, since sometimes it doesn’t show an uninstall option in Start menu. Then you need to undo the malicious changes on your browser, so that its precious status can be restored.
Move your mouse cursor to the lower right corner of the screen, and stay there until you see the Charms bar. Successively click on Settings > Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Find Kiwee Toolbar item and other unknown programs recently installed.
Successively click on Start button > Control Panel > Settings > Uninstall a program/Programs and Features. Find your target item and other unknown programs recently installed.
Successively click on Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program/Programs and Features. Find your target item and other unknown programs recently installed.
Double-click the item (s) to start the removal. When being asked whether to delete it, simply click those “Next” buttons to proceed. Then you will finish the first part and may close the Control Panel window.
The Second Part: Remove it from Your Web Browser
I have provided separate instruction for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Please scroll over to choose the one you need.
Kiwee Toolbar Removal on Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on gear icon (at the top right) > Manage add-ons > Kiwee Toolbar add-on > Disable all.
2. Restore the default search engine on Internet Explorer. Click on gear icon > Manage add-ons > Search Providers (under Add-on Types).
Right-click the one you prefer > Set as default.
Then right-click the homepage it replaced in the list > Remove.
3. Restore the homepage on Internet Explorer. Likewise, click on gear icon > Internet Explore options > Use default (under the Homepage section in General tab). The original one will be restored.
Kiwee Toolbar Removal on Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Firefox, click on (displayed as three horizontal lines at the upper right corner ) to access the menu > Add-ons.
2. On the Add-ons contents page, select the Extensions tab, highlight the Kiwee Toolbar item and click on Remove button.
3. Download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ to directly reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from the toolbar’s website to its own default.
Another Option for Firefox User:
1.Open Firefox, click (menu button) > question mark .
2.Select Troubleshooting Information, and a new page will be opened.
3. Hit the Reset Firefox… button. Firefox will close and be reset by itself > Finish.
Kiwee Toolbar Removal on Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click on main menu button displayed as three horizontal lines: > Settings.
2. The Settings contents will be displayed in a new tab or window (depending on your configuration). Drag the stroll bar to the bottom, and click Show advanced settings.
3. Then you see the advanced settings. Scroll down until you see the Reset browser settings button, and click it.
4. A box will show up asking for your confirmation listing the components that will be restored to the default status. Click on Reset button to finish the restoration job.
If you are still looking for an easier and faster solution, please refer to the following part : )
Save troubles to perfectly Uninstall Kiwee Toolbar
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller.
- Choose Kiwee Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1.
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall.
- Remove the toolbar from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner.
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”.
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
Well, this is the other method for your choice to quickly and complete remove Kiwee Toolbar, with which you can also safely kick out many other stubborn programs on your PC. Many users are tricked by potentially unwanted programs and can’t find a way to get rid of them, so their drives are getting more and more limited day by day.
Don’t just give up when you failed to delete them with your antivirus software. Firstly you need to now those programs are not viruses, despite the malicious traits they possess. Leaving the toolbar on your browser could cause the leak of private information, because it’s always watching your every move on web pages. The sooner you clean it out, the better.