Several Steps to Uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser on Windows OS
Looking for solutions to perfectly uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser? You can have it right here. Read this article to understand more about what program you are dealing with, and how to correctly get rid of it.
Now if you are sure and ready to move forward, let’s read some details and the ways to effectively uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser from your PC.
Program Description and Its Glitches
Official site: www.maxthon.com
Default location: C:\Program Files\Charity Engine\
Estimated size: 104.67 MB
When the Maxthon Cloud Browser software on your computer is malfunctioning, the related process can hog unusually high amounts of memory.
Manual Way to Uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser
1. Stop the Maxthon Cloud Browser process before you actually uninstall Charity Engine.
First of all, you need to deactivate the its process: Right-click the Windows taskbar and select “Task Manager”. But this will only switch it off during your current usage session, meaning after you restart your computer, it will run in the background again, unless you disable its automatic startup.
2. Uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser from the system
> Right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left of your screen, and select Programs and Features.
> Find the MX5 item and click the above Uninstall/Change button (or double-click it) to start the removal. Follow the prompt messages to proceed.
> Wait until the program completes the part.
3. Uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser and delete its related files from Registry Editor
> Move your mouse cursor to the lower right and stay there until you see the charms bar. Select Search, type “regedit” in the box, and press Enter key.
> The Registry Editor will be opened with another window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Maxthon Cloud Browser/, right-click on it and select Delete to uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser.
4. Locate and delete (if them exist):
C:\Program Files\ Maxthon Cloud Browser \
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Maxthon Cloud Browser \
> Restart your PC to take effect.
That’s all for the regular means instruction. Continue your browsing below if you’re curious whether there is a simpler method.
Easy Process to Uninstall Maxthon Cloud Browser
1. Finish the installation of Max Uninstaller and open it.
2. In Step 1, directly find MX5 icon in the programs list, click the Run Analysis button on the left. It will display all files belonging to the program, all you need to do is to check all the box and press Complete Uninstall.
3. When you see the gray Scan Leftovers button turns into green, click it. And the related registry keys will also be listed. Simply tick all the items and press Delete Leftovers on the left.
4. Click Back to Step1 to refresh the programs list.
How it actually works to uninstall Maxtohn Cloud Browser: