Three Steps To Remove Norton Identify Safe – Detailed Removal Instructions
Norton Identify Safe is a free password manager developed by Symantec Corporation to saves all your usernames and passwords and to syncs them across your devices. You can also store other form data like credit card information, billing and shipping addresses with a simple click. It will also warn you of unsafe website when you are browsing or making search. Users can access this tool as part of Norton’s paid security-suite offerings, or download it as a standalone product. And a Norton account is required to protect the so-called vault where your data will be stored. Once installed, Norton Identity Safe will integrate with your browsers and add a new toolbar so you can easily access its functions. So if you want to remove Norton Identify Safe effectively, uninstalling it from Control Panel is far from enough. Having problems in removing Norton Identify Safe? Fail to get rid of Norton leftovers completely? Check out this tutorial to learn some uninstall tricks.
Solution 1: Uninstall Norton Identify Safe Automatically
Max Uninstaller is a lightweight, timesaving, and easy-to-use utility designed to remove any unwanted or corrupted programs on Windows operating system. Here is a piece of video tutorial provided for you to carry out Norton Identify Safe removal. With this solid tool you can easily get rid of Norton products within a few clicks.
Step 1. Select Target Program.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after shutting down Norton Identify Safe totally.
- Select Norton Identify Safe in the list and then click Run Analysis to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for Program Components.
- After the scanning is done, click Complete Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
- Click Yes in pop-up window and follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.
- Click Scan Leftovers to start searching Norton Identify Safe leftovers.
Step 3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
- Keep every checkbox ticked and then click on Delete Leftover to start removal.
- Click Yes in the dialogue box and then all program leftovers will be removed.
See? Once you run Max Uninstaller, its clean, intuitive interface will guide you through the whole uninstall process and the Norton Identify Safe as well as its leftovers can be totally removed in three simple steps.
Solution 2: Remove Norton Identify Safe Manually
If you wanna uninstall Norton Identify Safe without using third-party tool, here is the manual removal instructions provided for your reference. If installed correctly, Norton Identify Safe can be easily uninstalled via Windows Add/Remove Programs applet.
1. Terminate Norton Identify Safe
To uninstall Norton Identify Safe properly you need to deactivate this program as well as its background processes. Please follow instructions below to begin uninstallation.
- Right click the taskbar and choose Task Manager in the list.
- Identify and select Norton Identify Safe processes in the Processes tab.
- Click on End Task to terminated those processes one by one.
2: Uninstall Norton Identify Safe
- Win 7: Click on Start > Control Panel, and click on Programs in Control Panel.
- Win 8: Right-click on Start, and choose Programs and Features option in the list.
- Win 10: Click on Start > All apps, right-click on Norton Identify Safe and then choose Uninstall option.
- Scroll down to locate Norton Identify Safe and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Uninstall Norton Identify Safe in the pop-up window to start the process.
- Click Restart Now to reboot your computer after the uninstallation is completed.
Uninstall Tip: If Norton Identify Safe can not be found in Programs and Features for unknown reasons, you can try to re-install it by double clicking on the installation package, and then default uninstaller may be activated subsequently by this way. If there is no response after you click on Uninstall/Change button, or the uninstallation process is somehow interrupted , you may need to uninstall it in Safe Mode.
How to enter into Safe Mode:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open: field and click OK to open System Configuration.
- Click the Boot tab in the pop-up window and tick the “Safe boot” check box.
- Click on OK and then Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
3. Clean Out Norton Remnants
After uninstalling Norton Identify Safe through the usual methods, you just have done half the work. What is the rest part then? Well, many users may ignore that the leftovers of Norton Identify Safe may still linger around the whole system. Those traces left behind not only waste unnecessary space but also may cause conflict when you try to install new versions or non-Norton products. To save valuable disk space and to keep Windows registry clean, you are supposed to do the next removal step.
(1) Invalid Keys/Values in Registry
- (Right) click on the Start menu and then select Run option.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu (or press Ctrl + F keys) to open the Find box.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Click on Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
Notice: You must be very careful in editing registry, for any unintentional mistake might potentially pose dangers to your Windows system. We only recommend advanced users to manually delete invalid entries there. Of course you can back up the registry before making changes, just in case. But if you feel troublesome to do all these stuffs, why not try the advanced uninstaller we recommended before?
(2) Associated Files/Folders in Disk
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys (or clicking This PC icon on the desktop).
- Type ESET NOD32 Antivirus in the Search Bar and wait for scanning results.
- Identify and delete the matched items in the search results.
How To Remove Norton Toolbars From Your Browsers?
Norton Toolbar is another layer of security that can protect your computer from online threats, but it may also slow down your browsing speed. If you don’t want to keep this toolbar after uninstalling Norton Identify Safe, you can disable and then remove it from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Here’s what to do:
1. Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer > click on the Tools button and select Manage Add-Ons in the list > click on Toolbars and Extensions side tab and select Norton Toolbar > click Disable and restart Internet Explorer.
2. Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu and select Settings option > click on Extensions > select the Norton Toolbar extension and then click Trash Can icon to remove it.
3. Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox > click on Menu button, Add-Ons button and then Extensions side tab > click Disable next to Norton Toolbar and restart Mozilla Firefox.
In this post we have shown how to remove Norton Identify Safe both automatically and manually. If it is helpful to solve your problem, please give us a positive reply. If you still have difficulty in removing Norton Identify Safe products, leave your comment here so we can improve our post and offer you more information.
For more Norton product removal guides, please click here.