Uninstall Norton Security – Check this easy instruction
I’ve learned there are a lot of people trapped in the uninstall problems of antivirus software like Norton Security. Turns out users from all many countries are facing with the similar issues. Clearly you can see an Uninstall option in its section, but after you click it to activate the removal and finish the process, it’s still there. What’s going wrong exactly?
Most of the times, it’s not your mistake when the cleaning task failed. Developers like to put some barriers in their product’s uninstall process, in which way it’s always a little bit tough to get rid of. Or it could just be the problem of a missing or corrupted file, keeping you from both uninstalling it and re-installing it.
But then again, if you totally do it wrong, like to locate the folder and directly drag it to the Recycle Bin, it will not be gone as you wish. But I believe it’s not too difficult for any user to learn the regular removal means. What can I say? It’s a computer we’re dealing with, we need a correctly performing order.
To safely uninstall Norton Security, you can read the following guides, easily reaching your goal.
How do I manually Remove Norton Security?
1. To begin with, make sure you’re logging on your Windows Operating System as the Administrator user. Then Click on the Start button in the bottom left and hit Control Panel on the list.
2. In the Control Panel interface, hit Uninstall a program or Add/Remove Programs under the Programs section.
3. In another window showing the “Currently installed programs” or “Uninstall or change a program” list, locate your target, double-click it and press the Enter key on your keyboard to start the removal.
4.Press any Yes/Next button to proceed with the regular routine and wait for a few minutes until the Setup finishes conducting your requested operation.
5.Hit the Start button in the lower left, type “regedit” in the search box and press Enter key on your keyboard, then you see the Registry Editor being displayed in a new window.
6.Successively unfold: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software, right-click the folder named “Norton” and select Delete.
7.Restart your computer and the job shall be done.
Don’t know how to do this on Windows 8? See the following part:
How Do I Remove Norton Security on Windows 8?
1.Likewise, make sure you’re logging on your Windows Operating System as the Administrator user first. Double-click This PC on your desktop, move your mouse cursor to the Control Panel on its menu bar and click on it.
2.In the Control Panel window, select Uninstall a program of Programs section.
3.In another window showing the “Currently installed programs” or “Uninstall or change a program” list, locate your target, double click it and press the Enter key on your keyboard to start the removal, exactly like that on Windows 7.
4.Press any Yes/Next button to proceed with the regular routine and wait for a few minutes until the Setup finishes performing your requested operation.
5.Hover your mouse point in the bottom right corner and the charms bar will show up. Type “regedit” in the search box and hit Enter on your keyboard to open the Windows Registry Editor.
6. Successively unfold: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software, right-click the folder named “Norton” and select Delete.
7.Reboot your PC and see if it’s already gone.
Any Better Solution to Uninstall Norton Security?
Of course there is. If you no longer want to mess Control Panel or the Registry Editor, check this effective tool I recommended – easy, breezy and pretty to lead you way reaching success. It’s quite practical to get help from a third-party app that takes just a little disk space to free up much more capacity on your machine. You will be able to use it on other useful programs, in the meantime your PC performance can be optimized.
There are only three steps to remove Norton Security. Play the video below for viewing the specific operation.
- After successful installation of Max Uninstaller > open it.
- Find your target any of the above-mentioned programs (And do the same to the other) in the list of Step 1 > Choose it and press Run Analysis on the left > Select all the shown items and press Complete Uninstall.
- Wait until this part finishes and the below green Scan Leftovers button turns into green > Click on it to proceed with the removal > The registry keys will be presented > Select all of them and hit Delete Leftovers.