Uninstall Paltalk Messenger Thoroughly – Easy to Follow Tutorial
Are you having trouble with uninstalling Paltalk Messenger? You may by chance installed Paltalk Messenger in your computer, this program is a online chatting tool that offers features including video chat, instant messages, SMS, voice calls and more, however, some of the good features and services require payment to be unlocked. If you happen to dissatisfy with Paltalk Messenger and don’t know how to uninstall it from your computer completely, just follow the below tutorial.
Recommended solution to uninstall Paltalk Messenger
Most people would think that uninstalling this program should be an easy task to accomplish, it is true that simply open Add/Remove program, then you can access to and activate the default uninstaller Paltalk Messenger, but the fact is, using the default uninstaller from Add/Remove program won’t be able to remove all the components of Paltalk Messenger, (not mention if the program is corrupted and the uninstaller fail to work) many registry entries are still left inside your system even the uninstall wizard told you the removal is successfully complete! If every program that you are going uninstall are treated as this pattern, all these registry leftovers will become a potential problem that would cause you registry corruption eventually in your computer.
The best solution to conduct program uninstall
Since manually deleting all registry leftover of the program you uninstalled is kind of complicated and also dangerous, I would suggest to use professional uninstall tool like Max Uninstaller to help you do the program/software/application removal automatically. Here is the video demonstration of how Max Uninstaller work to uninstall Paltalk Messenger completely within clicks:
- Download Max Uninstaller, double click the setup file to install it.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select Paltalk Messenger in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Paltalk Messenger.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal and now Paltalk Messenger and all of its components have been completely wiped out from your desktop/laptop.
Manual removal solution
To completely uninstall Paltalk Messenger, you’ll need to uninstall the main program and then manually delete all the registry leftovers, here are the steps:
- First close the Paltalk Messenger if it is running. (Right click the program icon at system tray, and then select Exit Paltalk)
- Click Start button, click Control Panel and click Add/Remove program.
- Select Paltalk Messenger 10.3 in Add/Remove program list, click Remove button.
- Click Next button in the pop-up wizard.
- Click Uninstall button to start the removal.
- The wizard will inform you that if you want to remove Paltalk registry keys and settings, click Yes to remove them all.
- Another pop-up show up, click Yes to delete Paltalk directory.
- Wait until the removal complete, click Finish to end the removal.
- Now press Windows button + R key together.
- Type in regedit in the pop-up run window, press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Before deleting any registry leftover, it is suggested to back up the registry first from the File menu > Export in the registry editor to prevent problems caused by mistaken operation.
- Click the ‘+’ or ‘>’ sign to navigate the registry branch tree on the left hand.
- According to the below Paltalk Messenger registry files screen-shot, delete any entries/keys you found is contained in the list.
- Close the registry editor once you finish the deletion and reboot your computer.
- Now Paltalk Messenger should have been completely removed from your computer system