Simpliclean Removal Guide – How Can I Uninstall Simpliclean From Windows
As a registry cleaner developed by Simplitec Gmbh, Simpliclean claims to make your computer run faster and more stable by removing unecessary registry entries and junk system data. However, it also displays pop-up ads on your computer, and some antivirus software, like Norton, identify Simpliclean as adware that involves low risk.
If you wanna uninstall Simpliclean completely, would you be able to remove all its traces without incurring problems? Some users reported that they come across different uninstall issues when trying to uninstall it by standard way. So here comes the topic: how to remove Simpliclean thoroughly? Read on to find out.
Manual Removal Part 1: Uninstall Simpliclean
Here is the conventional way of uninstalling Simpliclean on Windows. It requires basic knowledge of computer and a little patience to finish the process. please follow the step-by-step removal guide shown below.
Step 1. Turn Off Simpliclean
To achieve a clean and complete uninstall of Simpliclean, you are supposed to kill all background processes associated with Simpliclean first. Do the followings:
- Right click Simpliclean icon in the system tray and click Close.
- Right click the taskbar and then choose Task Manager option.
- Identify related process, click it and click End Task button.
Step 2: Run Uninstall Program
A program, if installed properly, will appear in the list of installed programs located in Control Panel, and the conventional way of uninstalling a program is through Add/Remove Programs applet. Follow the instructions to uninstall Simpliclean.
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key and choose Control Panel option.
- Click Uninstall a program on the Control Panel window.
- Select Simpliclean in the list and click Uninstall button.
On Windows 8:
- Right click Start menu and choose the Programs & Features.
- Scroll down to locate Simpliclean and double click on it.
On Windows 10:
- Head to Start – All apps, and locate Simpliclean in the installed programs.
- Right click Simpliclean, select Uninstall, and click Uninstall in the opened window.
- Click Uninstall now in the pop-up wizard and wait for the process to be completed.
- Once finished, click OK to exit the wizard, and reboot your PC if necessary.
Alternative Method To Uninstall Simpliclean:
If Simpliclean does not appear in the list of installed programs, you can launch its specialized uninstaller in the installation folder of Simpliclean. Here is how to do:
- Right click Simpliclean shortcut and choose Open file location.
- Scroll down to locate the file named unins000.exe in the opened folder.
- Double click unins000.exe and follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.
Tip: In some cases that Simpliclean is corrupted or installed improperly, you may fail to uninstall it by aforementioned ways. Try to re-install Simpliclean, and then perform the regular uninstall in Windows Safe Mode.
How To Reboot Windows into Safe Mode:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type “msconfig” in the box and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface.
- Check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK.
- Click Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
Manual Removal Part 2: Delete Leftovers
Though Simpliclean has been uninstalled successfully, its traces may still leave around your system. To avoid a bloated system cluttered up with redundant and valid files, you’d better clean out those remnants manually.
Step 3: Delete Leftovers In Registry
- (Right) click Start icon and then choose Search option in the list.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Press Ctrl + F together, type Simpliclean in the Find box and click Find Next.
- Identify the matched keys or values, right click on them and choose Delete.
Notice: Any mis-operation in Windows Registry may incur system malfunction, so backup the registry before modifying it. Manually deleting registry entries is time-consuming and risk-taking. If you are not experienced in dealing with these stuffs, why not utilize an automated uninstaller to save yourself from laborious work?
How To Back Up Registry: click File – Export in the Registry Editor menu > choose the desired directory to save the backup file in > type in the desire name for backup file and click Save > close the registry by choosing Exit in the File menu. How To Restore Registry: click File – Import in the Registry Editor > select the location where you save the backup copy to > select the backup file and then click Open.
Step 4: Delete Leftovers In Disk
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Open up My Computer/This PC and then type Simpliclean in the Search Bar.
- Go through and delete the matched items one by one in the search results.
That’s the end. After performing all these steps you should have removed Simpliclean completely. Manually removing all the traces of Simpliclean could be a pain for most ordinary users, but an automated utility like Max Uninstaller will help you out and get any unwanted program uninstalled in three simple steps.
Recommended Method: Remove Simpliclean With Automated Tool
Feel complicated to perform all the manual steps above? Wanna save time and energy in casting off Simpliclean? Max Uninstaller- an advanced and handy removal tool – may be exactly what you need right now. Facilitated with highly engineered engine, MU will quickly scan every piece of target program and completely remove all the associated items in clicks. Now let’s see how it works to help uninstall Simpliclean.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after deactivating Simpliclean.
- Select Simpliclean and click Run Analysis to proceed.
- Click Complete Uninstall, and click Yes in the pop-up dialog.
- Follow the prompts in the uninstall wizard, and then click Scan Leftovers.
- Click Delete Leftovers and then Yes in the pop-up dialogue box.
- After the deletion is finished, click OK in the dialog and close MU.
Video Tutorial – How To Fully Uninstall Simpliclean
As the clip shows, you can easily get rid of Simpliclean by using this handy tool, and the whole process may only take a few seconds to complete. Don’t hesitate to give it a try, and trust me, you will love the way it works.
If the methods in this post help solve your issues in uninstalling Simpliclean, we will be glad to see your positive feedback. If not, leave your question here so we can improve this tutorial and help you out later.
For more PUP removal guides, see: