Uninstall Vuze P2P File Sharing Program – Maxuninstaller.com Howto Guide
Vuze is a P2P file-sharing program developed by Azureus, by using this program, users can share or distribute video and other material freely through social networking. However, this program got some annoying problems, Vuze would force you to install some crapware/toolbar even you did not select them during the installation of Vuze, this creates troubles when people wants to uninstall Vuze from the computer. If you ran into Vuze program and had difficulties in removing it, please refer to the this tutorial.
Uninstall Vuze completely and automatically
If you use regular method to uninstall Vuze, there are always some files/folders/entries left behind since there are too many components, to get Vuze and all of its components and leftovers removed once for all, the easiest and safest way is using Max Uninstaller. We recommend you this tool because it is the most effective solution so far to help computer get rid of unwanted application/software completely.
Here you can refer to this video demonstration and then follow the below instruction to start.
- Download Max Uninstaller here and install it in your computer.
- Open Max Uninstaller and select Vuze in the panel, click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- Click ‘Complete Uninstall’ button after all the program components are scanned out
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
- After the scan finish, click ‘Delete Leftovers’ to thoroughly remove all the Vuze leftovers.
- Click ‘OK’ button in the pop-up message.
- Click ‘Back to Step 1’ button on the left side of the panel.
- Repeat the above steps to remove ‘Vuze Remote Toolbar’
Uninstall Vuze manually – step by step guide
It is also feasible to manually remove Vuze, but the removal could be a bit complicated as it involves three parts.
Part 1: Turn off Vuze and related program
If Vuze is currently running in your system, close it to avoid possible uninstall errors. ‘Raptr’ is a program installed along with Vuze which also needs to be turned off before the uninstall. You can find both of these two application in the system tray, right click on their icon and select ‘Exist’.
Part 2: Uninstall Vuze and related program through Control Panel.
Since you cannot find the uninstall options in the all program menu, in order to reach the uninstaller of Vuze, you need to go to Add/Remove program
- Click Start menu, select Control Panel and click Add/Remove program
- Locate Vuze in the list, select it and click ‘Remove’ button behind.
- Click ‘Uninstall‘ button in the pop-up window.
- Click ‘Next‘ button to confirm this removal action.
- Wait until the removal process is over, click ‘Finish‘ button.
- Back to the Add/Remove program.
- Click Vuze Remote Toolbar and select ‘Change/Remove’ button.
- Simply click the ‘Yes’ button in the appeared window and the removal will finish in a second.
- Back to the Add/Remove program list again.
- Click on Raptr program and click Remove button.
- Click ‘Uninstall’ in the pop-up window.
- Click ‘Close’ when it is finished.
Part 3: Remove registry leftovers
- Click Windows button and R key together on the keyboard.
- Type in ‘regedit’ and hit OK to open Registry Editor.
- Click File > Export, select a location.
- Click Save to create a registry backup.
- Navigate the registry branch tree and locate the below registry entries
- Delete them all by right click on each entry and select ‘Delete’.
Since registry is the most important part of the Windows system, a little error that happen inside the registry could lead to terrible problems. If you never edit the registry before, please be careful about this operation, do remember to backup the registry first, this could help you avoid unnecessary system problems that caused by mistaken registry edition. Or you can use the uninstall tool of Max Uninstaller that recommended to uninstall Vuze for you automatically.