Detailed Instruction to Remove Virtual DJ 7 – How to Uninstall Virtual DJ Home Free Edition
Virtual DJ is an audio/video mixing software developed by Atomix Productions Inc. to provide premier recording, mixing, sampling, and scratching and other turntable-emulating effects, and Virtual DJ 7 is considered to be the most stable DJ software in the industry. It offers a lot of independent decks, pitch control, EQ, effects, tone control algorithms, beat matching, beat lock engine, and dozens of other tools to help you create amazing mixes and tunes. On the other side, despite all the advantages it has, users may consider uninstalling Virtual DJ 7 for personal reasons, and they may encounter different kinds of issues when trying to get rid of this program. So here is the topic of this post: how can I uninstall Virtual DJ 7 without hassle?
In this tutorial we will show you two approaches to uninstall Virtual DJ 7 properly. First of all, you can follow the conventional steps listed below to remove Virtual DJ 7 as well as its residues. If you do not have time to go through the whole manual process, or you would like to get rid of Virtual DJ 7 as simply as possible, just check out this part: Any Shortcut to Remove Virtual DJ 7 Effortlessly? Sure!
Conventional Approach to Uninstall Virtual DJ 7
As is known to most PC users, if installed correctly, a program can be uninstalled through Windows Add/Remove Programs applet. Apart from this conventional step, it takes more actions to guarantee a complete removal of Virtual DJ 7. Now follow the instructions below and learn some tricks on how to uninstall Virtual DJ 7.
Step 1. Exit Related Background Processes
Before uninstalling any software you are supposed to shut down this program and terminate all associated background processes in system tray. Otherwise, error message may arise, and the program components that are in use will not be deleted.
- Right click the taskbar at the bottom and select Task Manager option in the list.
- Select the associated application and/or background process(es) in the Processes tab.
- Then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
In case you cannot turn off Virtual DJ 7 forcibly, try to reboot your computer and see if it still runs on the background. To avoid any possible issues in uninstalling Virtual DJ 7, you can reboot Windows into Safe Mode so that any third-party software will not be activated to generate error message or incomplete uninstall.
How to enter into Safe Mode:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open: field and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration and check the “Safe boot” box.
- Click OK and then Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
Step 2: Uninstall Virtual DJ 7 via Control Panel
For Windows 7 Users:
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard and click on the Control Panel option.
- Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs.
- Scroll through the list of programs to locate the software called Virtual DJ 7.
- Right click on Virtual DJ 7 and click on Uninstall to begin uninstallation.
For Windows 8 Users:
- Right click on Start menu and then Programs and Features in the list.
- Highlight Virtual DJ 7 with one single click and click on Uninstall.
- Continuously click on Next > Remove > Yes in the pop-up windows.
- Reboot your computer to ensure a clean uninstall.
As is mentioned before, this uninstall may only remove the main executable files of target program, while its preference settings, cache files, temporary folders or registry entries still remain around your system. As time goes by, more and more junk files will take up a large amount of system space and finally slow down you computer. To avoid those upset issues, you need to go on with two necessary steps:
Step 3: Delete Associated Entries in Registry (Important)
To delete leftovers in Windows Registry, do the following carefully:
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Search.
- Type “regedit” in the Open: box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- If you are prompted by UAC for confirmation, click on Yes.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of Virtual DJ 7 or its vendor in the search box.
- Click on Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete associated keys/values.
Warning: As the registry is a database that stores crucial system configuration and settings, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. If you have trouble in identifying associated keys or values, do a Google search about Virtual DJ 7 components, or utilize our advanced uninstaller immediately to delete all leftovers.
Step 4: Delete Associated Files/Folders in Disk
To delete leftovers in system disks, do the following in oder:
- Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings. Then click OK to save the changes.
- Open up File Explorer and type Virtual DJ 7 in the Search Bar.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
After performing all the aforementioned steps, you should be able to uninstall Virtual DJ 7 off the system. For more PUP removal guides, see:
Any Shortcut to Remove Virtual DJ 7 Effortlessly? Sure!
Still fail to get rid of Virtual DJ 7 completely for unknown errors? Wondering if there is an easier and quicker way to uninstall Virtual DJ 7 ? With an intuitive interface and highly engineered engine, Max Uninstaller can be used to remove all the components of any unwanted, stubborn, or even corrupted programs within a few clicks, and the following three steps will enable you to uninstall Virtual DJ 7 thoroughly.
1. Select Target Program.
– Double click to run Max Uninstaller after shutting down Virtual DJ 7 totally.
– Select Virtual DJ 7 in the list and then click Run Analysis to proceed.
2. Scan for Program Components.
– After the scanning is done, click Complete Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
– Click Yes in pop-up window and follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.
– Click Scan Leftovers to start searching Virtual DJ 7 leftovers around the system.
3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
– Keep every box ticked and then click on Delete Leftover to start removal.
– Click Yes in the dialogue box and then all program leftovers will be removed.
Manually uninstalling Virtual DJ 7 used to be a headache for many users, and the conventional method sometimes fail to work effectively for various reasons. In that case a professional uninstaller turns out to be quite helpful, especially for those who lack of adequate uninstalling experience and for those who prefer to work it out without any hassle. If you confront any difficulty in uninstalling any unwanted program, don’t hesitate to use this automatic tool and resolve your troubles!
Virtual DJ (from Wikipedia)
The Best DJ Mixing Software of 2016 | Top Ten Reviews